[Happy Jabby] Progression Labs feat various (EP/album)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 26-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163791
Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,048 Posts
[Happy Jabby] Progression Labs feat various (EP/album)

I have compiled a list of my more positive songs.. For holidays and escape.

Advertisements

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Thomas
Muse-ic (20-01-2014)
Old 08-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42411649
Thanked 5,553 Times in 3,606 Posts
Re: [Happy Jabby] Progression Labs feat various (EP/album)

rofl

I wasn't around at all over the Christmas period but how did this slip under everyone's radar?

Listening now.

Btw you can sing "Gangsta's Paradise" along with Acapulco Gold. Just sayin'.

Stagnation needs a video of Tom & Jerry dancing to it.

Gardening On The Moon for some reason made me think of Pendulum's "Other Side". I think it was the chord progression with the treated chat on top. Clearly it isn't DnB though. OR IS IT?

I'm Feeling You is seriously good.

Breathe, also very good.

Their Own Joy, again, good. Reminded me a little of the kind of hi jinks The Adventures get up to.

Something Better felt to me like it needed a certain something to make it a bit demented. Nothing too much, maybe some FX trickery here and there.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to all these.

I'm Feeling You, Breathe and Their Own Joy would make a great EP on their own

Can't help wondering if people just listened/skimmed through the first few tracks and didn't bother with the rest because there's no drops, donks, derps or maximumloudnessbreakthelimiter.

Cheers for sharing

Last edited by Roo Stercogburn; 08-01-2014 at 03:41 PM..

------------------
2nd Aug 2018, your audio dreams come true:

Its free, grab it, contribute if you like it. Then make some of your own and join in.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #3
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
rofl

I wasn't around at all over the Christmas period but how did this slip under everyone's radar?

Listening now.

Btw you can sing "Gangsta's Paradise" along with Acapulco Gold. Just sayin'.
Coffee Europe are a bit G, soooo..
Quote:
Stagnation needs a video of Tom & Jerry dancing to it.
Stagnation has a video of Mickey Mouse dancing to it, so damn close..

Quote:
Gardening On The Moon for some reason made me think of Pendulum's "Other Side". I think it was the chord progression with the treated chat on top. Clearly it isn't DnB though. OR IS IT?
Who the heck knows what it is
Quote:
I'm Feeling You is seriously good.

Breathe, also very good.

Their Own Joy, again, good. Reminded me a little of the kind of hi jinks The Adventures get up to.

Something Better felt to me like it needed a certain something to make it a bit demented. Nothing too much, maybe some FX trickery here and there.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to all these.

I'm Feeling You, Breathe and Their Own Joy would make a great EP on their own

Can't help wondering if people just listened/skimmed through the first few tracks and didn't bother with the rest because there's no drops, donks, derps or maximumloudnessbreakthelimiter.

Cheers for sharing
And thanks for the thorough listen. Maybe it went on unnoticed, as you say, mainly because it was xmas yes, and people rarely click a thread to hear an album, just a song or two, Thanks again mayn.

------------------
Old 08-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6760

Really nice set you got here. You really succeded in bringing that positive vibe.

BREATHE - stands out as one the highlights IMHO

Liked and following

Also thanks to Stercogburn for his Sticky: Roo recommends
which brought my attention to this set :victory:

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #5
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Thanks dude

------------------
Old 20-01-2014, 03:06 AM   #6
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Wow! So this is what music sounds like when you own your own galaxies and such.

My favorites are- Gardening on the Moon, I'm feeling you, and Their Own Joy.

Quality stuff you've got there.

It sounds like there might be a classical influence...especially in Their Own Joy, it's like a modern take from a snippet of a Beethoven sonata.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 20-01-2014 at 03:33 AM..
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

^Hey thanks!

Yea, I guess you're onto something there, because Beethoven is about the only thing I play fairly well on the piano. Breathe is heavily inspired by by Beethovens 7th, 2nd mov., if you listen closely

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #8
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

^^^ So love this!! Beethoven and Chopin are my favorites to play on the piano.

I'm off to relisten to Breathe!
Old 21-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #9
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

That's almost odd, because the only piano pieces I have on my soundcloud, are Chopin. But yea, that man could compose! And it annoys me a tad, because my own music seems to drown in Chopin with almost 8000 plays on Nocturne in C sharp Minor..

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
Muse-ic
Wanderer

I play this too. So sublime. Perfect late at night, alone. So is this you playing? Perfectly played, Chopin would be proud, attention to the melody yet keeping it moving at the same time. I just followed you on SC and I will definitely check out your tunes. Anyone who's influences are Beethoven and Chopin have my number!
Old 21-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Actually, both Chopin tracks on my SC are plotted notes that I tempo adjusted with a joystick on-the-fly. I wrote a tutorial on how to do that in the FL Studio tips and tricks thread long ago.

What is slightly amusing about all this, is that no one apart from IDMf'ers knows that I'm not really playing at all. I have gotten a few comments along the lines of "wonderfully played" etc., and the creative commons admins wanted to publish an album featuring my Nocturne in C sharp Minor. I said no and told them how it is. They were stunned. Almost in disbelief.

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #12
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Followed back btw ..Time to hear your tunes.

Edit:

Hey, ye cheat.. It's all reposts.. Keeping the cards close are we

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #13
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Well that explains it then, it does sound perfect! I do think I remember a post in the listening booth about this...but I thought it was Broton who did it?
Old 21-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #14
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

I don't think pro-bro have done something like this, dunno.. I did make a Chopin thread in there once tho.

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #15
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Ah ok, then it must have been you.
Old 21-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #16
Muse-ic
Wanderer

I must have missed Breathe the first time though, love it! And yes...definitely hear the Beethoven influence. Fantastic chord progressions! Really Gorgeous!
Old 21-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #17
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 210460
Thanked 4,209 Times in 3,119 Posts

Didtto on the "how the hell did I miss this" already stated in this thread..shame on me!

Really nice class work, Thomas. My fav has to be "Breathe"..more my kind of thing really..but I enjoyed all the others, too. It's been a while since I heard anything from you and this was a nice find on here..thanks, mate, for posting these up.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #18
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
I must have missed Breathe the first time though, love it! And yes...definitely hear the Beethoven influence. Fantastic chord progressions! Really Gorgeous!
Thanks! And on behalf of Ludwig: x2 thanks

------------------
Old 21-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #19
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
Didtto on the "how the hell did I miss this" already stated in this thread..shame on me!

Really nice class work, Thomas. My fav has to be "Breathe"..more my kind of thing really..but I enjoyed all the others, too. It's been a while since I heard anything from you and this was a nice find on here..thanks, mate, for posting these up.
Cheers yourself, Mr. AM.. That track has a lot of cosiness, yea.. Thanks again

------------------
Old 23-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #20
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Followed back btw ..Time to hear your tunes.

Edit:

Hey, ye cheat.. It's all reposts.. Keeping the cards close are we
To respond to the edit, yes it is somewhat of a cheat, however at the same time I am promoting others so it's a selfless act.

I hope to have something worthy of posting soon. Even if it's just playing a piano piece.

Advertisements