Collecting Emails
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 17-01-2014, 07:40 AM   #1
NaturalDissolve
Knob Twiddler
NaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
Collecting Emails

I've been reading up on music promotion and a lot of sites say you need to collect e-mails. Does anyone do this? What's a good e-mail list server?

Advertisements

------------------
NaturalDissolve is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879
Re: Collecting Emails

I used to collect e-mails and send out a newsletter, but dropped it a long time ago (laziness).

I just asked people to sign up by sending me a mail or SMS or writing their name and e-mail address on simple forms I taped on the walls of venues when I was playing a gig (that worked great). Then kept the data on a notepad file, low tech ftw (:

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
NaturalDissolve
Knob Twiddler
NaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to beholdNaturalDissolve is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
Re: Collecting Emails

Wow, that is low tech. I was thinking a box on my website.

I really should get out into the real world more. Would get some more local people interested. Reverbnation has a local chart. I'm number 6! Just shows how many locals are into electronic music.

Advertisements

------------------
NaturalDissolve is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote