Easiest Record Labels to Get Signed To
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 17-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
StephenCozzone
Knob Twiddler
StephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810
Easiest Record Labels to Get Signed To

Hey there. I just wanted to know what the easiest record labels were to get signed to. I Wanted to release one of my tracks under a record but so far no luck with any. I wanted to know the easiest labels to get signed to for an electro house artist. This may sound stupid but I have been lacking with gigs lately and if anyone in my school/district finds out that I got signed, it would most certainly boost my chances. I am fairly new to producing which is why i don't want to go with a really large label. Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

StephenCozzone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #2
Benwaa
Re: Easiest Record Labels to Get Signed To

the easiest is your own on bandcamp
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 04:03 AM   #3
StephenCozzone
Knob Twiddler
StephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to behold

What about anyone who is already established
Old 17-01-2014, 04:05 AM   #4
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 249551787
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts

The one that really wants you?

I dunno what to say, if it were easy everyone would have a record deal. It takes a lot of work and commitment to establish and maintain that kind of recording contract.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 04:06 AM   #5
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199651968
Thanked 5,054 Times in 3,239 Posts

Beyond getting "signed" to your friends label or something, I don't think getting signed is ever an easy process.

Otherwise, we all might be.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 04:12 AM   #6
StephenCozzone
Knob Twiddler

Okay. How should I go about releasing my tracks and building a dedicated audience then?
Old 17-01-2014, 04:13 AM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8572680
Thanked 7,635 Times in 5,388 Posts

Really? Seriously? Please tell me you are either shrooming or trolling.

How to build a name:

Have music that is actually ready to release technically and creatively.

Do your best to get the music in the hands of people who will care. The social media is OK. But actually talking to and becoming acquainted with real people and hopefully turning them into fans is the best method. IMO follows and likes are really just ego boosts and arent real numbers to judge anything by. I see people with 1K followers on SC, but virtually no listens on their tunes.

Make a press pack and send them out to the popular blogs on your own--I think this is a huge mistake people make IMO.

Take CDs or cards with download codes/links to local record stores to reach music fans that way.

Sorry, but I have to ask...how long have you been at this? Also, why do you think getting signed will get you a gig? DJing and producing are two different skills.

Last edited by relic; 17-01-2014 at 04:19 AM..

------------------

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 04:21 AM   #8
StephenCozzone
Knob Twiddler

Im 14. At my school, any little thing can change peoples minds. They really don't know and could care less about the difference.
Old 17-01-2014, 04:30 AM   #9
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenCozzone View Post
Im 14. At my school, any little thing can change peoples minds. They really don't know and could care less about the difference.
Then why do you care about their opinion? Never mind...I know why you care. Youre 14 and in high school. And I really don't mean that as an insult. I honestly get it.

But outside of high school, releasing a track that isnt ready to a crappy fly by night net label is probably not what you want to do. Doesnt look good on the track record you know?

------------------

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 17-01-2014, 04:32 AM   #10
StephenCozzone
Knob Twiddler

True. Thanks. Should I still release the track? I feel like I did a good job on it regardless.
Old 17-01-2014, 04:37 AM   #11
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
True. Thanks. Should I still release the track? I feel like I did a good job on it regardless.
That's up to you man. If you've only been at this a year or two my guess is it isnt ready, but I cant say for sure without listening.

If you want to PM a SC link I will try to take a listen ASAP. Probably not tonight.

------------------

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 17-01-2014, 06:27 AM   #12
Grenade Freak
Granular Poster
Grenade Freak is a jewel in the roughGrenade Freak is a jewel in the roughGrenade Freak is a jewel in the roughGrenade Freak is a jewel in the rough
SC
MC Status: 310

Quote:
Hey there. I just wanted to know what the easiest record labels were to get signed to. I Wanted to release one of my tracks under a record but so far no luck with any. I wanted to know the easiest labels to get signed to for an electro house artist. This may sound stupid but I have been lacking with gigs lately and if anyone in my school/district finds out that I got signed, it would most certainly boost my chances. I am fairly new to producing which is why i don't want to go with a really large label. Thanks for your help.
Dude I feel you I'm trying to find a record label and even though I've been producing for years I still havent got a deal. But that dosent discourage me I gotta keep trying. give it a couple of years maybe your tracks are'nt layered enough and by layered I dont mean sound on top of sound, I mean layering scenes. Like say start with drums and on the 8th bar add a synth dont treat them as loops your track might become stale after a while. I've fallen prey to that trap many times. dont worry if u dont understand I myself am not a pro. lol
Grenade Freak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #13
Grenade Freak
Granular Poster
Grenade Freak is a jewel in the roughGrenade Freak is a jewel in the roughGrenade Freak is a jewel in the roughGrenade Freak is a jewel in the rough
SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade Freak View Post
Dude I feel you I'm trying to find a record label and even though I've been producing for years I still havent got a deal. But that dosent discourage me I gotta keep trying. give it a couple of years maybe your tracks are'nt layered enough and by layered I dont mean sound on top of sound, I mean layering scenes. Like say start with drums and on the 8th bar add a synth dont treat them as loops your track might become stale after a while. I've fallen prey to that trap many times. dont worry if u dont understand I myself am not a pro. lol
lol i mean 9th bar not 8th
Old 17-01-2014, 06:38 AM   #14
StephenCozzone
Knob Twiddler

Yeah. Im just gonna keep trying and use my resources to help me network and hopefully let the record labels come to me
Old 17-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #15
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 109960
Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
Yeah. Im just gonna keep trying and use my resources to help me network and hopefully let the record labels come to me
Don't forget the first part relic said - Have music that is actually ready to release technically and creatively.

Networking is great and all, but you don't want to jump the gun and get your name out there when you have all of one mediocre tune to your name.

Artistic Integrity.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #16
Grenade Freak
Granular Poster
SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Don't forget the first part relic said - Have music that is actually ready to release technically and creatively.

Networking is great and all, but you don't want to jump the gun and get your name out there when you have all of one mediocre tune to your name.

Artistic Integrity.
good point I often do this sadly lol
Old 17-01-2014, 07:29 AM   #17
StephenCozzone
Knob Twiddler

Heres the track. Currently working on one that is 1000x better. Any thoughts though? http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=129062

------------------
Stephen Cozzone - Rebel

Old 17-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #18
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 109960
Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,426 Posts

I left feedback in your listening booth post, along with a question. But here comes reality. You are not yet in a position to be seeking a record deal. Not even close.
Keep working; this stuff takes time and effort.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #19
Grenade Freak
Granular Poster
SC

Quote:
Heres the track. Currently working on one that is 1000x better. Any thoughts though?
it might just be me but it sounds a little off beat. Your mixing needs some work try some eq to cut off some the low end. But edm has no rules set in stone so you can do whatever you like.

I'm not a pro so dont take anything I say too seriously lol. You'll get better trust me.

Have you heard of the bloody beetroots it reminds me of bob rifo's productions.
Old 17-01-2014, 07:44 AM   #20
Grenade Freak
Granular Poster
SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
I left feedback in your listening booth post, along with a question. But here comes reality. You are not yet in a position to be seeking a record deal. Not even close.
Keep working; this stuff takes time and effort.
If I had a dime everytime I heard those words...

Advertisements