About 'all rights belong to tiesto'
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 13-01-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
edium
Sample Destroyer
edium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760
About 'all rights belong to tiesto'

so I am making a remix of a song by tiesto, legally when all rights belong to him (i am using an acapella stem from a remix comp) I can do whatever with the remix as long as i dont have a monetary gain from it right? for example i could send it to my friend for radio play w/o any problems?

Advertisements

------------------
please subscribe if you like my music. cheers!
edium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 249551787
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: About 'all rights belong to tiesto'

I would probably ask Tiesto or the Label. It's not really up to us to distribute the rights to other people's music by saying "yes it's ok" or even "no it isn't". It's not our call.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 03:16 AM   #3
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Read the post above. ^^^^^^^^
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 03:56 AM   #4
edium
Sample Destroyer
edium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760

hmm okay good lookin out!

------------------
please subscribe if you like my music. cheers!
edium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
AlfredHavoc
Analog Lurker
AlfredHavoc is a name known to allAlfredHavoc is a name known to allAlfredHavoc is a name known to allAlfredHavoc is a name known to allAlfredHavoc is a name known to allAlfredHavoc is a name known to all
Phoenix AZ
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by edium View Post
so I am making a remix of a song by tiesto, legally when all rights belong to him (i am using an acapella stem from a remix comp) I can do whatever with the remix as long as i dont have a monetary gain from it right? for example i could send it to my friend for radio play w/o any problems?
Your friend may run into issues if it is played on a radio station, online or broadcast. Technically Radio stations owe royalties for broadcasting music.

Advertisements

AlfredHavoc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote