IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What monitors do you have and why would you recommend them?
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #4
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 29360
Re: What monitors do you have and why would you recommend them?

I do most of my work through headphones (sennheiser HD 280 pro) and only reference my tracks on my stereo and other headphones. It's certainly not an ideal setup, but it's cheap, portable, cheap, and doesn't require room treatment (cheap and easy). I'm at an advantage there because I've had the 280s longer than my stereo or other headphones (4 years now) and use them almost daily, so I'm most used to their sound. In fact, I've only been making music for two years, so I was used to their sound even before I started. I don't think they've held me back any, nor do I think I would I be making better music with a better setup.

Above all, I recommend picking a system and getting ready to use it for a long time so you get to know it and can get the most out of whatever you end up with. And I wouldn't entirely write headphones off if you want to save money and not worry about your room (I know I do every time I turn on my stereo).
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote