IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - IDMF Artist Collective Project
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #8
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts
Re: IDMF Artist Collective Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
It sounds interesting but as it is now it is too loose and more than a collective work it sounds like more like individuals working on other people's samples.
I personally would limit the amount of people, maybe stick to a daw and work on a single song at a time. A single thread or email chain would be needed to discuss progress and criticize the work. Much harder, but it would be more of a group effort.
Yeah, I get what you are saying. The second part is left up to each person to organize their own collective so to speak. There are no fast and hard rules so if (x amount) of people want to work in one DAW, on one song they can still do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeongeneral View Post
I agree on the sample guidelines. I think we don't want a huge sea of samples. Maybe it makes sense to just use our own?

I like the time frame because I don't have as much spare time as I used to. Maybe more focus on the final result make sense? Are we going to structure this like an album or will it be all over the place like a sampler? Are people going to work together on tracks or is this an individual thing?

In any rate, I'm in.
I think the time frame is good as people are busy. I find even a month sometimes is tough when you have things going on.

I think it would be cool to structure the end result as an album.

At the end of the two weeks we can try the samples and then we could collectively narrow the list down to a select few?

Last edited by Muse-ic; 16-10-2014 at 05:09 PM..
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote