IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol 2 out Oct. 5th!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 65210
Thanked 1,304 Times in 960 Posts
Re: Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol 2 out Oct. 5th!

I'm unsure about the Maschine upgrade. The 3D Rotary encoder looks like it's really useful and the control strip could come in hand for live use. Much would depend on the pads and whether they indeed are such an upgrade as claimed. The Kontrol upgrade seems much more interesting, as the workflow now looks much close to that in Maschine. Not sure that's a big selling point if you already use Maschine controllers with an add on Kontrol keyboard.

I'll wait until more is known about the Maschine MK3 pads.

The one feature I would like to see is being able to draw linear or curved automation curves manually and the ability to handle audio tracks. That would make Maschine a full fledged DAW. I'd ditch Logic in a heartbeat.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote