IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Linux: effects, instruments, tutorials, tech, etc. (LV2/LADSPA/DSSI)
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2017, 07:22 PM   #30
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8810
Re: Linux: effects, instruments, tutorials, tech, etc. (LV2/LADSPA/DSSI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Yeah..just saw this over on ambientonline.org and grabbed it. Have yet to put it through its paces, but I@m guessing it's going to be a keeper.

While I'm here..just wondering if you have any take on the RoboLinux distro? I've been reading both good and bad things about it, but it certainly is interesting if all the good stuff stacks up.

It seems the guy behind it has come up with a piece of software similar to WINE, that lets you run Windows-based programs in Linux..including VSTs, though I haven't tried it myself.

The major drawback with it is the guy is charging between $5 and $20 just to answer each email you send him for support or pre-purchase questions..which seems really crazy. Plus he charges for the above mentioned piece of software, which is basically the only reason you would want to get the distro in the first place.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out from others if it's really as good as the hype indicates or if I should give it a wide sidestep?

Any thoughts / feedback on it?
That sounds like maybe the fork of the Puppy Studio project (discontinued). I'm not sure. You shouldn't have to pay just to try though. That's what put people off of Puppy Studio also.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote