IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Drum machine
Thread: Drum machine
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #14
magavan
Soundwave Mangler
magavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MCmagavan is a savage MC
MC Status: 125540
Re: Drum machine

Electribes are fun and immediate but extremely limited compared to what you can get today and you'll eventually want to do more. I've owned every model and ended up selling all of them.

Another thing to consider is the iPad, which can be connected with USB MIDI controllers and audio interfaces if you ever want tactile controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckmike View Post
And ya, preferably hardware. I like the fact that your actually playing a physical instrument and not be staring at a screen constantly, which is already what i do on a daily basis.
I would not rule out Maschine because it can make using software actually feel like standalone hardware and not at all like what you typically experience from MIDI controllers. You never have to touch the mouse and can just use the hardware and even turn off the computer screen while you're using it.
magavan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote