IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - BB52 - Drop Da Bomb
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2017, 10:10 PM   #19
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 29310
Re: BB52 - Drop Da Bomb

This is what I was able to come up with. I sequenced the drums with drummaxx midi from Illuminated, then took the same midi and pulled the notes into the scale of c minor penta for the main delay plucks. I used the penta scale midi for the synth that comes in last, and I used two of the arps from waves, selected the whole clip, compressed them by half, then quantized, then selected all notes of a given note at a time and shifted them into the nearest non-overlapping note in the scale for the two arps. I thought that was within the limitations of not messing with the midi too much, though those two clips ended up pretty screwed.

I felt like the midi rule was cooler on paper than it ended up actually being, and I didn't provide as good a selection of midi as I could have (I just went down my project folder and chose a half dozen projects more or less at random to spit out).

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote