IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - IDMF Artist Collective Project
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744050391
Thanked 7,661 Times in 4,723 Posts
Re: IDMF Artist Collective Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
It sounds interesting but as it is now it is too loose and more than a collective work it sounds like more like individuals working on other people's samples.
I personally would limit the amount of people, maybe stick to a daw and work on a single song at a time. A single thread or email chain would be needed to discuss progress and criticize the work. Much harder, but it would be more of a group effort.
lol, I was just about to say:

Hey, I'd advise keeping your rules as loose as possible to keep the numbers up.
Making people do a load of administrative work before they've even started can be a buzz kill.
I'd say don't worry about the small things like file names too much. If that's how you like to work then go ahead and do that when you dl the files yourself.

But yeah, I can see what Auto is saying but honestly it's so hard to get a set of rules that a collective all agree on, nevermind assigning specific chains and set times for working on stuff.
I guess if you're into these rules then get involved, if not then don't.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote