IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Forcing a track
Thread: Forcing a track
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 04:15 PM   #7
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Re: Forcing a track

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLiner View Post
when I have something and it sounds like chaos, I still go right into it.. I can't stop. I'm restless and this is a problem I have
Ah. Perhaps this is me repeating myself but I really think it's important to know when to stop. You can keep going all you want but forcing yourself to keep going is unhealthy. Your ears get tired, your eyes start to strain and you start getting angry at yourself because you're not satisfied with what you've worked on and you want to keep going until it starts to sound remotely good.

I say work in hourly intervals. Get a timer and set that thing to buzz off in an hour. Once the timer goes off, force yourself to stop or at least finish up real quick and stop. Then take a break. Do some stretches, grab a drink and let your mind rest. It's more healthy than forcing yourself to keep going and give yourself mental anguish.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Narukami Music
aLiner (02-09-2016)