IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Forcing a track
Thread: Forcing a track
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Re: Forcing a track

I only force tracks out when I think I can make something work. I have ideas that I write that I think work sound great if it was finished and I would work on it a few days. If it turns out like crap, if I'm not interested in how it sounds or if I don't think I have enough skills to do what I want to do, I'll stop. It's important to know when to stop because you don't wanna waste your time working on something that sucks when you could using that time working on other music.

However, if I think I can take the track to a different direction, I'll try my damned best to turn the track that other way because I know I can make something great. Sometimes, it doesn't work out, which sucks. But man, when it works out, it turns out really well. I'm usually most proud of those tracks because I managed to salvage it to create something better.

So I would say you should force something out when you get a really good vibe from what you're working on. Forcing music out all the time would make me fucking miserable and I can't imagine how life would be like if kept doing that. However, if you think you can make something great with it, take some time to work on the track. If it still doesn't work out, then you should probably stop because it's wasting your time and energy.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote