IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - QAWM 2015
Thread: QAWM 2015
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
JMagee
Ghostly
JMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MC
Kentucky
MC Status: 14960
Re: QAWM 2015

So I've got to throw out that I've been slacking on QAWM. I had a successful NAWM but it doesn't mean shit if I don't post what I did, right? I still have to record some of the parts - it all exists in hardware land at the moment - but they're there. Luckily though the hardware is giving me more useable results in faster amount of time although there's a lot of process. I've been moving on to just writing the next tune opposed to feeling like I need to dick with it more like I do with the DAW, just have to find time for a tracking day. I end up then only worrying about a mix and I leave sound design at the start of the process and this whole method forces me to give up on sound design while composing for the most part at least.

Otherwise I've started the great sampling of my Roland R8M, I'm getting multi-samples of every sound on there. Roland made the R8M with this "nuance" feature that changes some basic, what you believe should be modifiable, aspect of the sound since there aren't any filter, modulators, etc. Just decay and this nuance feature. So I've been cranking out the delay and recording each different nuance value so I've got the max length of the sound and all of it's timbres because my MPC has envelopes in it for days, I just need the sound. Either way, so many samples! And getting some rad kits going.

------------------
JMagee is offline   Thanks
Thanks to JMagee
lolirl (24-01-2015)