IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - MPC Live/X
Thread: MPC Live/X
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #15
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32860
Re: MPC Live/X

So Iíve kinda done away with the idea of the looper, instead using the audio tracks.
That way I get a count in and can still export as a sample.

Also Iíve been using the mpc to sequence reason rack synths.
Itís a fun combo, cuz I can do all the wiring in the reason rack that makes reason so cool, yet not have to deal with the sequencer or the mixer!

So my workflow on this latest this has been, sample a bunch of stuff from the iPad and guitar.
Make beats, sequence reason. Then play guitar over top to come up with the track ideas.

And I am running everything into the console of the Apollo so no need for rewire to track reason into a daw!

I did run into a few issues with it, but I think either they will get fixed with the next update or they are user errors. I think itís been a good choice for me. I donít think I will be using the octatrack for a while, if at all tbh.
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote