IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - MPC Live/X
Thread: MPC Live/X
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 04:59 AM   #9
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32910
Re: MPC Live/X

So, I’ve been playing with the mpc some more.
I have it setup that I play reason synths from my keyboard connected to the mpc.
Each reason synth is set to a different midi channel, so switching channels in the mpc midi track changes the synth played. This is working out pretty well, I can either sequence things like that, or sample and create keygroup programs.
And I can use absynth in reason from the mpc! Pretty cool combo, best of both worlds so far.
I can’t see too many drawbacks from the mpc for now, sure it’s not live, but that’s also a pro, focus on writing tracks, THEN record and mix, instead of doing the classic DAW thing of going and adding effects and stuff constantly.

Edit: Still undecided how to run drums for now, might get a hybrid thing going where I use the EZdrummer sequencer I side of reason, and layer extra drums in the mpc, or I might just sample loops and chop.
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote