IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Anybody Else Look At Art While They Produce?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 01:33 AM   #4
Bluesh1ft
Sample Destroyer
Bluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond repute
In another world, usually
MC Status: 2710
Re: Anybody Else Look At Art While They Produce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
I don't. I'm interested to hear how you translate visual inspiration into sound. How do you find your work changing as you browse?
Its not that I create the song based off of the art. What usually happens is I will get somewhere to the mid point of the song and then I start looking at art searching for a picture that fits the theme I created. How the art influences me after that point I am unsure of. I probably do this to validate the song. If I take a quality picture and play my music with it, I ask my self if the music fits the level of epicness of the art. I think this also can help motivate me to finish.

I also have a fascination with the cinematic process. I love when various art forms come together to form a universe.

I have thought about strictly making a song based off of an art piece. I might try it soon.

The closest I ever came to making a song based off of art was when I tried to channel a bit of Yoko Kanno. I stared a lot at Ghost in the Shell Fan Art trying to create that Cinematic Vibe of a chase seen in a futuristic city, and the chase goes through a cultural market so I tried using some metallic and Indian type of drums to convey that marketplace. This scene was in my mind, not sure how it really played out in the movie. I kinda mashed ideas in my head and created a scene. And the art I used was more used as a hypothetical cover art for the song I was making, once again to try and validate the quality and what I wanted to convey in the music.

Here is what I used mostly.
https://chesterocampo.deviantart.com...SHELL-41644788

Last edited by Bluesh1ft; 17-08-2017 at 01:49 AM..
Bluesh1ft is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Bluesh1ft
Artificer (17-08-2017)