IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Philosophy: Should you write music that you like or what you think others would like?
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #19
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 36060
Re: Philosophy: Should you write music that you like or what you think others would l

This can be a tedious argument to get involved in,but I will echo that there isn't much use in making subjective statements about who's "better". Makes about as much sense as those endless SEGA vs Nintendo arguments we used to have at the lunch table in first grade.

I also think it's kind of useless to make some declarative statement "I am making this for me!" or "I am making this for other people!" or whatever. All this is going to do is limit your creative choices. In the moment, you may not choose what is actually the best route because that's not what "you" want, or not what "the people" want.

Clear your mind and listen to your heart. It's easier than all this.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote