IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Track ID's & Tracklistings (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Please help identify songs like this/genre of this clip. (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=143262)

kendomate 05-05-2016 05:20 AM

Please help identify songs like this/genre of this clip.

The style of this, especially in the second part, with the swing vibe hi-hats... Does that have a name as a subgenre of IDM?

Do you know any songs/artists like this?

Cheers

kendomate 07-05-2016 06:28 AM

Re: Please help identify songs like this/genre of this clip.

no one, really? :-)

kendomate 13-05-2016 10:06 AM

would appreciate any help!!

Monkey P. 14-05-2016 09:11 AM

I think you would like MrSuicideSheeps channel. It focuses on laid back music like Chillstep, Deep House and Future bass.

Here is a link to the youtube channel.

kendomate 14-05-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey P. (Post 1396157)
I think you would like MrSuicideSheeps channel. It focuses on laid back music like Chillstep, Deep House and Future bass.

Here is a link to the youtube channel.

Thanks for the input!!
I will go through ALL the tracks :-)
Stoked about finding more of this type of music!

fidelium 14-05-2016 09:25 AM

first time i've been asked to identify the genre of a 24 second track. i don't listen to much of those.
weird how you call it idm. this is not idm at all, not conventionally, not in any way. that's not an insult.
here's my music genome break down
thematic pop-EDM music clip of a build up using a chord progression by thirds lacking any interesting dissonent harmonic content, roughly 120bpm, goes nowhere in fact ends after 24 seconds. genre: WIP. how can you request a genre when you show us the intro of a track? this could easily go into anything and we would all be wrong. this is not a type of music. it's an arp with a lazy drum sequence.

kendomate 14-05-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banewaker (Post 1396162)
first time i've been asked to identify the genre of a 24 second track. i don't listen to much of those.
weird how you call it idm. this is not idm at all, not conventionally, not in any way. that's not an insult.
here's my music genome break down
thematic pop-EDM music clip of a build up using a chord progression by thirds lacking any interesting dissonent harmonic content, roughly 120bpm, goes nowhere in fact ends after 24 seconds. genre: WIP. how can you request a genre when you show us the intro of a track? this could easily go into anything and we would all be wrong. this is not a type of music. it's an arp with a lazy drum sequence.

I love your passion.

Here's the full version: