Sylenth1 Skins
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 01-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
nickw197
Granular Poster
nickw197 is on a distinguished road
Virginia
MC Status: 10
Sylenth1 Skins

Does anyone know how I can apply or where I can download some cool Sylenth1 skins..? I love Sylenth, but I hate the interface.. is there a way to do it without cracking the VST?

Advertisements

nickw197 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214316398
Thanked 1,359 Times in 953 Posts
Re: Sylenth1 Skins

I don't know.
However, with PEexplorer and Photoshop you could probably make your own:

------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OVE6VSgn8o
^ I made a tutorial in which I explained how I went about doing it:
http://idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=109498
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
dokx
Minor Glitch
dokx is a jewel in the roughdokx is a jewel in the roughdokx is a jewel in the rough
Ruhr-Area
MC Status: 259

You could do it like John Dahlback: Buy the license, but work with a skinned 'evaluation copy'.

Or you could extract the skin from one of those 'evaluation copies' and modify your registered version (e.g. with Ressource Hacker).
dokx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
nickw197
Granular Poster
nickw197 is on a distinguished road
Virginia
MC Status: 10

Can you show me a tutorial on how to do that?
nickw197 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
dokx
Minor Glitch
dokx is a jewel in the roughdokx is a jewel in the roughdokx is a jewel in the rough
Ruhr-Area
MC Status: 259

From Google:

Quote:
Ok, it's not hard, but it is quite some work. Backup your stuff, download the resourcehacker, open the sylenth1 DLL, right click on the 'PNG' tree and save all PNG resources. This will extract all graphical resources from Sylenth1. Eventually you will have to replace all of these with your new ones.

You can open the PNG's you saved with a graphics editor like the mspaint that's standard in your windows installation.

Now, check that first one (the 710 kb file), it's the main layout. You'll see black holes in it, where the buttons should come. Get yourself one of the skins you like, and make black holes on the exact same places. Save it (as a PNG). Then, in reshacker, expand that first PNG (10001), click delete resource. Then select 'action' in the menu, 'add a new resource', select the PNG you made with paint, enter 'PNG' as resource type, '10001' as resource name (because you deleted that one) and 1033 as language. Save it and load up your vst hosts to see if it worked. It should have.

However, as you'll see, only the main skin was replaced. You'll have to repeat the above for all resources (buttons etc), so that's why it's quite a bit of work, especially the buttons (see resource 2 for example, you'll get the idea why it's quite some work)
It works, but it's a pita to do.

Advertisements

dokx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote