IDMf Artist Demo Submission Info - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 23-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
Jonah_Mann
Microknight
Jonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the roughJonah_Mann is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
Re: IDMf Artist Demo Submission Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
It's been around for a while and benefits from being associated with one of, if not THE largest primarily electronic music forum on the internet.
There's KVRaudio and GearSlutz if that counts. I even think Dubstep Forum is busier.

Advertisements

------------------
Jonah_Mann is offline   Thanks
Old 22-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #22
DamianC
Granular Poster
DamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MCDamianC is a savage MC
Miami, FL
MC Status: 168442

Okay so I have a dumb question. I'm not sure it's been answered already and I do apologize if it has been already, but basically I released my instrumental album about a month and a half ago independently as a free download. I was wondering I would still be able to submit that for the IDMf Label?

------------------
DamianC is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #23
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421871379
Thanked 4,868 Times in 2,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianC View Post
Okay so I have a dumb question. I'm not sure it's been answered already and I do apologize if it has been already, but basically I released my instrumental album about a month and a half ago independently as a free download. I was wondering I would still be able to submit that for the IDMf Label?
I would take it down and then submit it without mentioning you had it up earlier, but it's too late for that now!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #24
Benwaa

^^that and then don't send the bandcamp link as your demo..... oh....wait......
  Thanks
Old 04-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #25
Yanisaxaddict
Granular Poster
Yanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really nice
MC Status: 410

How do I become an IDMF Artist ? how do I submit ? Finally, can I submit one track or does it have to be a selection. My apologies if these questions have been answered already. I'm new to this site and I have some work that needs exposure. Many thanks.
Yanisaxaddict is offline   Thanks
Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanisaxaddict View Post
How do I become an IDMF Artist ?
1.) Have a track featured on an IDMf compilation, the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is now closed to submissions.
2.) Submit an album demo to the label for consideration.
Quote:
how do I submit ?
Read the OP again - the info is all there.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 17-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #27
Yanisaxaddict
Granular Poster
Yanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really nice

Will we be notified before the next submission date ?
Currently Listening To: Charlie Parker
Old 18-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #28
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanisaxaddict View Post
Will we be notified before the next submission date ?
Yes. Else what would be the point of a submission date if no-one knew what it was?
scyn is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: Above and Beyond TATW 428
Thanks to scyn
Yanisaxaddict (25-02-2013)
Old 18-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
Yanisaxaddict
Granular Poster

Many thanks Scyn
Old 25-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #30
M8ys
Minor Glitch
M8ys will become famous soon enough
São Paulo
MC Status: 60

Wow thanks! That was extremely helpful especially since im new to this forum
M8ys is offline   Thanks
Old 31-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #31
CatsCradleRobs
Regular Freak
CatsCradleRobs will become famous soon enoughCatsCradleRobs will become famous soon enough
Seattle
MC Status: 110

Sounds like a cool deal. We have about 60 unreleased tracks - some of them we're pretty proud of - and a 13 track album available digitally, self-released. Are you looking for anything in a particular stylistic vein? Do you care about exclusivity? For example, if we wanted to pass along one of our released tracks to get some wider exposure... or would you prefer unreleased stuff? Do you want to be inundated, or just get like one or two things per artist? Inquiring minds want to know :-).
CatsCradleRobs is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: Cats Cradle Robbers - Neuroverdrive
Old 26-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #32
Audiosynthesis
Learning The Ropes
Audiosynthesis is currently spamming hard
Touristown, MI
MC Status: 10

If you've ever heard of TRXX, they seem to release unlabled tracks. They have a beatport soundcloud and facebook where they promote peoples songs but their website doesn't provide too much info about them. They just have an email to submit demos to. Could I, as an artist begging for the exposure release my demo to multiple labels including this netlabel?
Audiosynthesis is offline   Thanks
Old 22-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #33
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulf Palace
MC Status: 40912

started on another album for submission here

house is fun to make but isnt really my forte. used to do "idm" stuff when i was more newby but that was before i started mixing with a particular genre in mind; just kinda mixed what sounded good

ive got one track nearly arranged and i drew some psycho deranged cover art for the lp (not an artist at all though, it was like freeform bad thoughts)

progress has been surprisingly amazing though, considering i started yesterday. doesnt feel like im just doing this for myself. i wanna add my "sound" to your guys' collection

every artist ive listened to on the netlabel has their own unique eclectic sound. call me a kiss ass but for example i have a hard time differentiating between something avicii did with something zedd or swedish house mafia did. yet i can tell the difference between ben steed and fidelium in a heartbeat

of course this post has no real value because i dont actually have anything to submit yet lol. just wanted yall to know that im interested in contributing to the label. you guys are awesome and i wanna be awesome too

in a few months (maybe less cuz of the aforementioned revelation) ill have a 5 track album for submission. ugh the suspense sucks

------------------
Wulfsok is offline   Thanks
Old 30-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #34
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526820

Question: Are submissions (when they are approved and going to be released) mastered by the label or should we master/get them pro-ishly-mastered ourselves before submission?
agent is offline   Thanks
Old 30-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #35
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulf Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
Question: Are submissions (when they are approved and going to be released) mastered by the label or should we master/get them pro-ishly-mastered ourselves before submission?
i would master them all together

but obviously keep the mixdowns just in case. you never know

------------------
Old 31-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #36
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Ben masters them actually.

It's a perk because of the level of work he's capable of.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 31-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #37
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526820

Ok, well then..

I'm about to actually start releasing music after roughly 7-10 years of sound design / music producing and not having uploaded shit, or shared it with anyone really unless I was drunk or some shit.

I think I once posted something on here a few years ago as part of a discussion on something, but other than that I've been my worst critic and kinda kept all my work a secret to myself as I felt it wasn't where I wanted to be yet musically. But lately I've noticed its on par with a lot of released material, by some pretty well known names in electronic music, albeit the mastering needs.

And Since the early beginnings, IDMF has been my biggest source of creative inspiration, artistic technical learning and a central place for me to get schooled in the many sides of audio, I think the EDMF label would be a great starting point for me to pop out some tunes (if they're good enough that is).

I should have my shit together in the next few months

Weeeeeeee!!

Oh, and can we submit music under a different name than the one that's used as our user name here on IDMF? Because this isn't the name I produce under.. I don't mind if there's a refference to my user name here, but I'd like it if the music was actually released that it was done so under my actual name I want to use as a producer.

THNX!

Last edited by agent; 31-01-2014 at 08:39 PM..
agent is offline   Thanks
Old 31-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #38
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulf Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
Ok, well then..

I'm about to actually start releasing music after roughly 7-10 years of sound design / music producing and not having uploaded shit, or shared it with anyone really unless I was drunk or some shit.

I think I once posted something on here a few years ago as part of a discussion on something, but other than that I've been my worst critic and kinda kept all my work a secret to myself as I felt it wasn't where I wanted to be yet musically. But lately I've noticed its on par with a lot of released material, by some pretty well known names in electronic music, albeit the mastering needs.

And Since the early beginnings, IDMF has been my biggest source of creative inspiration, artistic technical learning and a central place for me to get schooled in the many sides of audio, I think the EDMF label would be a great starting point for me to pop out some tunes (if they're good enough that is).

I should have my shit together in the next few months

Weeeeeeee!!

Oh, and can we submit music under a different name than the one that's used as our user name here on IDMF? Because this isn't the name I produce under.. I don't mind if there's a refference to my user name here, but I'd like it if the music was actually released that it was done so under my actual name I want to use as a producer.

THNX!
im curious about that too, if we can change our names for a submission. itd be nice to start a new SC if this all works out

Advertisements

------------------
Closed Thread