Tips to get /followers/plays/comments on Soundcloud
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
HEFTY
Ghostly
HEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MC
Depths of Space
MC Status: 72430
Tips to get /followers/plays/comments on Soundcloud

hi there, i remember a while back a helpful thread on how to get friends on myspace, i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get plays and comments on Soundcloud? sometimes i notice that people have only just uploaded their tracks yet they have loadsa comments/plays. Im def a bigger fan of soundcloud than myspace and id love to get some more comments/followers etc

ive been told that joining groups is a good way, but ive found that people dont really stick to the group style and post their tracks anyway, so im not sure if thats the best way. also i do leave comments/feedback for other people so its not like im expecting to recieve without giving first

anyways yeah thanks in advance :-)

Advertisements

------------------

Sinister - Twisted - Deviant
HEFTY is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Benwaa
Benwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MC
Twll Dyn
MC Status: 275120297
Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,977 Posts
Re: Tips to get /followers/plays/comments on Soundcloud

one thing i do is post the tracks i want people to listen to on my myspace - facebook and twitter. infact i have those other networking sites linked to my soundcloud account - the option to do that is there on soundcloud btw.

commenting on peoples tracks always helps to encourage them to do so for you too, and anyone you get comments from be sure to acknowledge them with at least a thanks of some sort.

also another thing i do which creates shitloads of plays and downloads is to post each track i want people to have or listen to on blogs that have links to free downloads. i can't mention the site addresses as most of them have illegal downloads available on them. but that way i know i'm creating an awareness of my music with the people that are interested in my styles directly so when it comes to my actual releases on labels i have more of a presence and reputation amongst the right community for my music.

hope thats a good start

------------------
Benwaa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
polexia
Learning The Ropes
polexia is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

thanks for the info!
polexia is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
HEFTY
Ghostly
HEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MCHEFTY is a savage MC
Depths of Space

nice one, any more ideas any1?

------------------

Old 07-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
Anodyne Industries
Anodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MC
Oakland, CA
MC Status: 53565178

Post the tracks you're especially proud of to Soundcloud groups. Don't ever message people out of nowhere promoting your songs. That's spam and no one appreciates it. However, if they're already following you on soundcloud feel free to write them a personal message and let them know when you have something special coming up.

Send your music to applicable blogs. A lot of blogs have soundcloud drop boxes now. That's a great way to get your tracks up in front of a wide audience.

------------------
Anodyne Industries is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
ab
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46041764

i have no clue how but i amassed quite a bunch of people in the cloud. initially i followed and commented on a lot of tracks/people, today its a lot of stuff to follow up which i try to do, and every now and then theres really interesting stuff. on the other hand i dont think sc is a good place to establish a "fanbase" or something like that tho i suspect a lot of people who decided to follow me on there have bought a cd or listened to a podcast. its a very good place to get some earnest and direct feedback, and i love sc for that, but i wouldnt expect any more sales (except from djs) if you have a large cloud on there. i had some nice contacts there for podcasts and dj sets (people playing my stuff around the world) but i am not sure about if/how this helps with getting in touch with people who are mostly into "consuming" music.

its definitely extremely motivating to try new things if you are as dependant on earnest feedbacl as i am. you can easily see that i kinda neglected the possibilities of using sc as a social platform by my following/follower ratio (following 171, followers 1310). its a great place to discover very interesting music, and its great to alert other people to it, and i guess if you keep on posting your tracks there you will be reached around like that. and, do not ever spam peoples PM box with promo stuff. i get some 15-20 spams weekly and its fucking annoying since it kiinda hides REAL conversations. goddamn.

also, getting involved in the forums a bit might help, tho i havent been on there for ages. all in all, its my #1 platform to get some honest and earnest feedback from fellow musicians, but a lot of stuff thats going onm there is prure spam and self-advertising.

also, following you since i dig your stuff. i wonder why i didnt follow you since you started to post yer tracks on here. dang.

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
HEFTY
Ghostly
Depths of Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne Industries View Post
Post the tracks you're especially proud of to Soundcloud groups. Don't ever message people out of nowhere promoting your songs. That's spam and no one appreciates it. However, if they're already following you on soundcloud feel free to write them a personal message and let them know when you have something special coming up.

Send your music to applicable blogs. A lot of blogs have soundcloud drop boxes now. That's a great way to get your tracks up in front of a wide audience.
cool, good advice, dont spose you know any good blogs in particular? thanks

------------------

Old 07-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
HEFTY
Ghostly
Depths of Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by abreaktor View Post
i have no clue how but i amassed quite a bunch of people in the cloud. initially i followed and commented on a lot of tracks/people, today its a lot of stuff to follow up which i try to do, and every now and then theres really interesting stuff. on the other hand i dont think sc is a good place to establish a "fanbase" or something like that tho i suspect a lot of people who decided to follow me on there have bought a cd or listened to a podcast. its a very good place to get some earnest and direct feedback, and i love sc for that, but i wouldnt expect any more sales (except from djs) if you have a large cloud on there. i had some nice contacts there for podcasts and dj sets (people playing my stuff around the world) but i am not sure about if/how this helps with getting in touch with people who are mostly into "consuming" music.

its definitely extremely motivating to try new things if you are as dependant on earnest feedbacl as i am. you can easily see that i kinda neglected the possibilities of using sc as a social platform by my following/follower ratio (following 171, followers 1310). its a great place to discover very interesting music, and its great to alert other people to it, and i guess if you keep on posting your tracks there you will be reached around like that. and, do not ever spam peoples PM box with promo stuff. i get some 15-20 spams weekly and its fucking annoying since it kiinda hides REAL conversations. goddamn.

also, getting involved in the forums a bit might help, tho i havent been on there for ages. all in all, its my #1 platform to get some honest and earnest feedback from fellow musicians, but a lot of stuff thats going onm there is prure spam and self-advertising.

also, following you since i dig your stuff. i wonder why i didnt follow you since you started to post yer tracks on here. dang.
again great advice, i guess ill just keep doing what im doing and not worry too much. i agree its great for finding new and exciting music but yeah your also right theres a lot of spam action *sigh*

its great you have added me on there tho dude, no worries u only recently found me, it just means u have loads of hefty shit to get through

------------------

Old 07-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
dcook
Sample Destroyer
dcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MCdcook is a savage MC
St. John's
MC Status: 1484861

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEFTY
cool, good advice, dont spose you know any good blogs in particular? thanks
Ohh! So Famous! seems to be pretty popular. I follow it pretty regularly, found a lot of great stuff there that I probably wouldn't know about otherwise.

------------------
dcook is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #10
HEFTY
Ghostly
Depths of Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcook View Post
Ohh! So Famous! seems to be pretty popular. I follow it pretty regularly, found a lot of great stuff there that I probably wouldn't know about otherwise.

aaaaah yeah i think a dude from that msgd me to see if id b interested in being featured maybe, ill have to give it a second look, cheers

------------------

Old 07-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
Delinquent Dialect
Delinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MC
MC Status: 25171746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne Industries View Post
Post the tracks you're especially proud of to Soundcloud groups. Don't ever message people out of nowhere promoting your songs. That's spam and no one appreciates it. However, if they're already following you on soundcloud feel free to write them a personal message and let them know when you have something special coming up..

I fucking hate that. As far as I'm concerned its all spam unless I asked for it. I dont want anyone messaging me unless its for a chat. I dont want to know about your music.

I'm glad Soundcloud has filters - BUT they dont work. Why the fuck would I want to know what some insecure yet vain idiot has favourited?

------------------
<< dont listen >>
if ( mind == open ) {"
"}
Latest vinyl "Purging the Pious" EP from Earwiggle Records https://www.facebook.com/earwigglelabel
Delinquent Dialect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
skyfix
Knob Twiddler
skyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MCskyfix is a savage MC
Ghent
MC Status: 9998476

pay for your soundcloud and get the option to post your tracks in multiple groups at once.
Get's spread out more.

------------------
skyfix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #13
CornellReali
Regular Freak
CornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond repute
NC
MC Status: 4353

Question about posting in groups.. Just realized I could do this yesterday, and received 6 followers in 15 d-loads in the past 24 hours; nothing huge but every little bit counts.

On a more serious note: Does the following sound right to you guys who have been doing this for some time: posting your tracks in the massive groups with terrible ratios (e.g., 6000 tracks to 3000 listeners) is nearly worthless (your track is on page 2 in 5 minutes, effectively gone by the next day). It seems that the way to go is post in groups that have a decent moderator (with fewer tracks than listeners) with maybe a smaller but dedicated group of listeners.
CornellReali is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #14
Delinquent Dialect
Delinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MCDelinquent Dialect is a savage MC
MC Status: 25171746

What you trying to achieve?

------------------
<< dont listen >>
if ( mind == open ) {"
"}
Latest vinyl "Purging the Pious" EP from Earwiggle Records https://www.facebook.com/earwigglelabel
Delinquent Dialect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
HEFTY
Ghostly
Depths of Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delinquent Dialect View Post
What you trying to achieve?
me personally its the feedback element, i find it hard to b objective

------------------

Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #16
Scene
Granular Poster
Scene is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

It is a great way of checking out tracks and artists that you would never have even come across in the usual manner. A great tool for spreading music and ideas around the globe.

------------------
Tracks and sounds: http://soundcloud.com/scene-to-be-heard

Latest release 'Coolabula'/'Tight Beeps' out now on Modern World
http://www.myspace.com/modernworldrecordsuk
Scene is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #17
artefactrecords
Minor Glitch
artefactrecords is a name known to allartefactrecords is a name known to allartefactrecords is a name known to allartefactrecords is a name known to allartefactrecords is a name known to allartefactrecords is a name known to all
MC Status: 616

soundcloud is a revolution in selfpromoting, didnt know about the groups, will try some now

thx
artefactrecords is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #18
Kes-Es
Deep Underground
Kes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MCKes-Es is a savage MC
USA
MC Status: 844285

I as well get very little from soundcloud besides an increasingly convenient way to get my music heard around HERE, I also hoard tracks until I need the space though and haven't updated since about two days ago, although I'm hoarding them for a reason and all. Plus I'm a terrible feedback giverbacker, as I usually feel put on the spot if I get feedback at all and never follow up. I'm pretty bad at soundcloud...ing.

------------------

Kes-Es is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:01 AM   #19
djoxygen
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9380129

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaa View Post
one thing i do is post the tracks i want people to listen to on my myspace - facebook and twitter. infact i have those other networking sites linked to my soundcloud account - the option to do that is there on soundcloud btw.

commenting on peoples tracks always helps to encourage them to do so for you too, and anyone you get comments from be sure to acknowledge them with at least a thanks of some sort.

also another thing i do which creates shitloads of plays and downloads is to post each track i want people to have or listen to on blogs that have links to free downloads. i can't mention the site addresses as most of them have illegal downloads available on them. but that way i know i'm creating an awareness of my music with the people that are interested in my styles directly so when it comes to my actual releases on labels i have more of a presence and reputation amongst the right community for my music.

hope thats a good start

depression level: all time low.

reason: no fans

more detail- i do everything up there- and guess what- nothing in return... how long do i have to sit there and talk to the wall and hug the wall and heart the wall and sell the wall's gifts and tell all my friend's about the wall and how the wall just released a new paint texture? i'm on month 7 of promoting other artists out of good heart. i'm on month 7 of blogging about artists i support because i want their support... you know how many comments from all these ppl i get on a monthly basis?... 1 if i'm lucky- how do i know if i'm wasting my time talking to the literal wall or if i'm spreading my reputation far & wide but i haven't gotten any merits for it yet?.... it's like i do all this effort- all this extra time wasting love of others music- i've spent countless hours promoting, advertising, whoring out other's myspace, facebook, twitter, websites, free music, forum posts, i've emailed countless ppl and shit- and i get 1 new play every 7 days on my soundcloud... wow- i feel good about my self now. it raises the question of obvious falsisity ( i know it's not a word) , "why even bother?... it's not like it's doing anything"

... or is it?

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

Impulse Control
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #20
CornellReali
Regular Freak
CornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond reputeCornellReali has a reputation beyond repute
NC
MC Status: 4353

I used to have similar worries, so I feel you. The only solid solution, I think, is to just forget about that stuff and focus on your music. Dont stop promoting, of course, but try to stop putting your heart into it. Make your music, then post it around as an after thought. Not getting heard is tough, I know, but I think this is the best solution.

Advertisements

CornellReali is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote