How to post your mixes in the correct format AND see them in the Featured Sets
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Members Live Sets Post your live sets & gig recordings here.

Closed Thread
Old 25-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Benwaa
How to post your mixes in the correct format AND see them in the Featured Sets

I'm constantly looking out for members sets that are worthy of the Featured Members sets section right here. This is the section where your stand out mixes and live recordings are placed so that others can be aware of your sets awesomeness.
Genre does not matter, just posting in the right format does.

To make it into this section you need to ensure that your post is posted correctly.

Provide mix info - where it was done.
Provide a full track listing
In the TITLE say whether it's a stream or a download (D/L)

Thanks and good luck

Last edited by scyn; 10-08-2012 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Removed dead link

Advertisements

Thanks
Rate this track - How to post your mixes in the correct format AND see them in the Featured Sets.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Duality
Regular Freak
Duality is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: How to post your mixes in the correct format AND see them in the Featured Sets

yeah
Duality is offline   Thanks
Old 18-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
Brada
Learning The Ropes
Brada is currently spamming hard
Re: How to post your mixes in the correct format AND see them in the Featured Sets

I am new to this guys but maybe a link could help? This is a set of my stuff if you care to listen and let me know what you think!!
Brada is offline   Thanks
Old 15-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
glide
Regular Freak
glide is currently spamming hard

do you guys handle like file sharing places. because i don't want to use soundcloud or any other of those other places
glide is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: booka shade - city lights (neon dub)
Old 12-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Side B
Analog Lurker
Side B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MCSide B is a savage MC
The funny farm
MC Status: 1606535
Icon4 Finding a Live set in a Live Sets forum is obviously a challenge...

I don't know which thread to say this, but I was under the impression that LIVE performance sets and DJ MIX sets were worlds apart from eachother...

Playing someone elses music is an entirely different form of art than performing your own music in a live context.

Shouldn't these two be separated here? Like:
- Member's Live Sets
- Member's DJ Mixes

I was quite frankly very excited to enter a forum where people posted their live performances. DJ Mixes, meeh... I'm not in any way trying to step someone on their toes, but to me, that needs to be supported by either a real life experience or great video footage.

Just to clarify, I'm not out to rant on DJ Mixes. So please don't make this an argument about that. There are lots of amazing DJ's and taking it to a level above just pressing play requires skill.

My impression of this forum is that it's tighter than many others.
I actually took my time and read through the introductional mail and even the forum rules and guidelines.
That's how impressed I was!

So if the general population considers me to be wrong.
If playing others music is considered the same thing as spending hours (to years) producing your own music and giving it new dynamics and elements by performing it live...
With instruments, keyboards, controllers or whatever way you do it.

Well... I guess then I would stand corrected...

Last edited by Side B; 12-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: needed a new title

------------------
Side B is offline   Thanks
Old 10-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
sam_sunders
Granular Poster
sam_sunders is a splendid one to beholdsam_sunders is a splendid one to beholdsam_sunders is a splendid one to beholdsam_sunders is a splendid one to beholdsam_sunders is a splendid one to beholdsam_sunders is a splendid one to beholdsam_sunders is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 736
Re: Finding a Live set in a Live Sets forum is obviously a challenge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side B View Post
I don't know which thread to say this, but I was under the impression that LIVE performance sets and DJ MIX sets were worlds apart from eachother...

Playing someone elses music is an entirely different form of art than performing your own music in a live context.

Shouldn't these two be separated here? Like:
- Member's Live Sets
- Member's DJ Mixes

I was quite frankly very excited to enter a forum where people posted their live performances. DJ Mixes, meeh... I'm not in any way trying to step someone on their toes, but to me, that needs to be supported by either a real life experience or great video footage.

Just to clarify, I'm not out to rant on DJ Mixes. So please don't make this an argument about that. There are lots of amazing DJ's and taking it to a level above just pressing play requires skill.

My impression of this forum is that it's tighter than many others.
I actually took my time and read through the introductional mail and even the forum rules and guidelines.
That's how impressed I was!

So if the general population considers me to be wrong.
If playing others music is considered the same thing as spending hours (to years) producing your own music and giving it new dynamics and elements by performing it live...
With instruments, keyboards, controllers or whatever way you do it.

Well... I guess then I would stand corrected...
totally agree. massive difference, should be 2 places. how can we make a real request for this?

------------------
sam_sunders is offline   Thanks
Old 09-07-2012, 02:20 AM   #7
CityMonkeys
Minor Glitch
CityMonkeys is currently spamming hard
Huntington Beach

Live sets
CityMonkeys is offline   Thanks
Old 19-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
Ciaran Diamond
Learning The Ropes
Ciaran Diamond is currently spamming hard

Anybody can "press play" to someone else's music, but will it be good music? Thats the difference. A good dj set can take you on a journey & can take weeks to organise aswell.

Advertisements

Ciaran Diamond is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread