BB73-Open Genre
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles Beat Battle's happen here.

Old 23-02-2018, 03:37 AM   #1
7asid
Sample Destroyer
7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 11010
BB73-Open Genre

This BB goes back to the challenge of bending random and sometimes difficult samples to your will and taking them in your own direction. It's open genre, you can do what you want with the samples.

The rules:

1. Length between 2min and 4min.

2. Include a part where you use distortion in an engaging way.

3. Have a solo: Like a guitar solo but you can interpret it however you want. Basically a single element going on a bit of a foreground improvisational path; it can be simple or showy.

Additionally: Feel free to add a vocal sample or your own singing.

Most of all have fun!

The samples:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting this Thursday
Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 11 days later( Monday)

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (Wednesday).

The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (Thursday), to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

THE TIMES ARE CHAOTIC AND CHAOS IS GOOD!

All times are UTC

THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.
Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

PS: BB's have very low attendance recently, and more people need to participate if we are to keep it from an indefinite hiatus. Come, submit, vote!

Last edited by 7asid; 05-03-2018 at 12:55 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
Iyashi Sound
Knob Twiddler
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9310
Re: BB73-Open Genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7asid View Post
BB's have very low attendance recently, and more people need to participate if we are to keep it from an indefinite hiatus. Come, submit, vote!
Thinking about it, it's probably just that people on here simply aren't on the same level as us. I mean, battle after battle of being overshadowed by our level of brilliance, - it'll eventually begin to wear you down

PS: I've downloaded the samples and will try to cook something up over the weekend. Thanks!

Last edited by Iyashi Sound; 23-02-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #3
pkreegi
Knob Twiddler
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510

I'll download and see if I can come up with something And if i'm shit, i'll get a place on podium because 3 people will participate?

Edit: holy shit those are quite the samples xd
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
Iyashi Sound
Knob Twiddler
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a first attempt. I intended to do a bass solo but ended up with this instead:

Thanks to Iyashi Sound
7asid (24-02-2018)
Old 24-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11484154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyashi Sound View Post
Thinking about it, it's probably just that people on here simply aren't on the same level as us. I mean, battle after battle of being overshadowed by our level of brilliance, - it'll eventually begin to wear you down
lol is that a challenge?

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to I/O_Madness
Iyashi Sound (25-02-2018)
Old 24-02-2018, 11:55 PM   #6
7asid
Sample Destroyer
7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC7asid is a savage MC
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
lol is that a challenge?
We challenge yoi to a battle of beats good sir!

------------------

Thanks to 7asid
I/O_Madness (24-02-2018)
Old 25-02-2018, 12:35 AM   #7
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

Quote:
We challenge yoi to a battle of beats good sir!
Has the guy in your avatar always been smoking a cigarette?

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 25-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #8
Iyashi Sound
Knob Twiddler

All right then. Here's a 2nd attempt:

**NINJA EDIT: the "auto-play" function on Dropbox doesn't seem to work with 32 bit files, so I've re-uploaded the track to Soundcloud instead (and enabled downloads)**

I tried to do some mastering on this, but it ended up sounding flat an lifeless. Instead I've simply uploaded the master recording (32bit 48kHz). Since it's not really mastered, the volume might be a bit low - please adjust your listening volume accordingly.

The track mainly uses a short cut-out from the tail of the "AcBassClips003" file, - as a sort of sampler-based "looped waveform" (used for the bass, the kick drum, the "congas" and the lead "piano sound" on this one). I'll upload that as well so you can try it out if you like.

Here:

Last edited by Iyashi Sound; 03-03-2018 at 01:16 PM..
Thanks to Iyashi Sound
7asid (27-02-2018)
Old 26-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #9
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9860

Ello ello, I'll try have a little crack at this before its due, not promising anything special as I got another comp on and an odd life at the moment. Like these open genres, for keeping the creative juices flowing. Gonna get these samples now!

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 01:31 AM   #10
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Wow, this thread sounds so interesting and samples too. Never been here before. I think I will take part
So, those samples can or cannot be recognizable in the final track? And this solo has to be made only from the samples or from vocal too?

Last edited by PPNDP; 27-02-2018 at 01:59 AM..
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PPNDP
Iyashi Sound (27-02-2018)
Old 27-02-2018, 01:49 AM   #11
7asid
Sample Destroyer
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPNDP View Post
Wow, this thread sounds so interesting. Never been here before. I think I will take part

Sent from my BUSH SPIRA D3 5 using Tapatalk
Welcome!

------------------

Old 27-02-2018, 01:49 AM   #12
7asid
Sample Destroyer
Vancouver

Quote:
Has the guy in your avatar always been smoking a cigarette?
I thought it was a girl. Yeah the cigarette was always there.

------------------

Old 27-02-2018, 05:41 AM   #13
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
I thought it was a girl. Yeah the cigarette was always there.
Is it a girl? It's hard to tell. Never noticed the cigarette tho lol

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 27-02-2018, 06:01 AM   #14
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 29010

Quote:
i hope it's a girl.. i've been wanking to it for over a year now.

I'm going to try and throw something together u guyz... i do love this shit, just been busy yada yada yada you know the drill.

EDIT: what the heck i'll put it in my sig too.

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #15
pkreegi
Knob Twiddler
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510

Quote:
I thought the cigarette was a body temperature scale........
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to pkreegi
I/O_Madness (27-02-2018)
Old 27-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #16
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
I'm going to try and throw something together u guyz... i do love this shit, just been busy yada yada yada you know the drill.

EDIT: what the heck i'll put it in my sig too.
Dooooo ittttttt

------------------

I/O_Madness
Thanks to I/O_Madness
mnkvolcno (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 06:38 PM   #17
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 29010

Quote:
Dooooo ittttttt
hey.. how do you do the username tag again? i wanted to provoke people in my sig, as you have. I thought it was just Unregistered but apparently not.

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #18
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future

We have to use all those samples? Can I just throw 3 or four? 1 sample could be definitively enough to make a track...
Old 01-03-2018, 10:22 PM   #19
7asid
Sample Destroyer
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPNDP View Post
We have to use all those samples? Can I just throw 3 or four? 1 sample could be definitively enough to make a track...
You don't have to use all of them, just use what you need. The challenge is more that you're not allowed to use anything else as a sound source BUT the samples. So none of your own synths and instruments etc.

------------------

Old 02-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #20
PPNDP
Radial Developer

Quote:
You don't have to use all of them, just use what you need. The challenge is more that you're not allowed to use anything else as a sound source BUT the samples. So none of your own synths and instruments etc.
No instruments - but Simpler is an instrument so I can't use it? Lol, I am almost done and I realised that...

Advertisements