[Electro House] Arnar Barri - Alternative
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 02-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik
MC Status: 1662
[Electro House] Arnar Barri - Alternative

Current:

This was originally an old project of mine from my early days. I recently revisited it and while the product as a whole was pretty laughable I thought it had some pontential within it so I decided to reuse some good parts of it and create something that I could be satisfied with according to my current taste and skills.

The name 'Alternative' was decided because it alternates between two strong themes, and also because it is a little different to the current popular themes these days, an 'alternative' to it if you will.

Tell me what you think, I can take harsh feedback.

Last edited by leftfoot; 06-12-2017 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: Fixed title

Advertisements

------------------
leftfoot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro House] Arnar Barri - Alternative.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
ChrisJansen
Granular Poster
ChrisJansen has a spectacular aura aboutChrisJansen has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 161
Re: [Electro House] Arnar Barri - Alternative

That intro, straight away has a very jumpy, energetic feel.

Very sort of, Barbara Streisand sounding. Good movement in it, working up nicely to that first drop, filter and.

Ha, was not expecting that!!

Very different, flows, liking the little vocals in here.

'rock me baby'

I can't give you the best feedback on it as I've never created anything like this but, mate I've been nodding my head haha. Like I say it's got that real jumped up feel. Good groove, good rhythm.

ROCK ME BABY

Would love your FB [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
ChrisJansen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
SoloSaga
Sample Destroyer
SoloSaga will become famous soon enough
Ohio
MC Status: 60

For the most part I like it, maybe change up the percussion slightly, have some drum breaks, etc. I feel like I get bored after the first break, so don't be afraid to change up the beat! Whether it's the tempo, the drum layout, the bassline, sound design, etc.

Good stuff, right up my alley

------------------
SoloSaga is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Yes, I can definitely agree with you there and it is something I will work on.

Thanks for the feedback.

------------------
Old 04-12-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
Reykjavik

So I made some changes. I'm not sure if people are interested in a changelog but here it is.

1. I made the drums a little less repetitive in the 0:14 - 0:44 part. I think it's a sure improvement. Perhaps it could be improved more?

2. I added some filter use on the part 0:49 - 0:52 and I also added a buildup noise in its background. I think it feels significantly better.

3. In the part 0:52 - 1:22 the sound is layered. It has a bass and a midrange synth. I cut a bit more off the mid/high end of the bass to allow the midrange synth to be a bit less smothered.

4. In the second part of 0:52 - 1:22 which is 1:07 - 1:22 I added an extra background noise to give some atmosphere and decrease repetitiveness.

All in all I would say the track is a lot more refined now.

Last edited by leftfoot; 06-12-2017 at 01:22 PM..

------------------
Old 08-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #6
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town
MC Status: 360

Really like synth you used. Also the second version is moving a lot more than first. Not really my style of music but I was tapping my foot non stop so, probably a good sign

Well done!

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote