[EDM] Sobia - Undecided
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 19-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1360
[EDM] Sobia - Undecided

So I essentially made a mix of all my favorite genres to jam to. Starts with a trance/dance vibe, goes into a trap-ish song, hits you with that wub a lubba a dub dub, and then finishes off with a (what I think is a) nice piano orchestral thing. +points if you get the references in the song.

Had a unique set of challenges when mixing so many "unfinished songs" together and I'm now at the point where I've listened to it so many times that my ears feel tired and I'm having a rough time continuing.

Would seriously appreciate any sort of feedback on this. Been in a slump and unable to finish a song recently so any and all critique is appreciated. Song is currently private, so you can find it at the following link. Thanks gents!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Sobia6464; 19-11-2017 at 04:34 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
Sobia6464 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [EDM] Sobia - Undecided.
Old 20-11-2017, 04:24 AM   #2
Taaz
Radial Developer
Taaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MC
North Dakota Eh
MC Status: 26008
Re: [EDM] Sobia - Undecided

Some sounds were a bit clipped/distorted, i.e. the mid range sound that begins at 2:36. Not sure if that's intentional, but it sounded wrong to me. It feels like you're trying to get as much volume as possible out of your tracks, and they're conflicting with each other and maybe even dipping in and out or sidechaining to make space.

I think there's way too much going on here. Less is more

------------------
Taaz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #3
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taaz View Post
Some sounds were a bit clipped/distorted, i.e. the mid range sound that begins at 2:36. Not sure if that's intentional, but it sounded wrong to me. It feels like you're trying to get as much volume as possible out of your tracks, and they're conflicting with each other and maybe even dipping in and out or sidechaining to make space.

I think there's way too much going on here. Less is more
Accurate. Most of those sounds have distortion on them on purpose though, including 2:36.

This song was almost literally "how loud can I make this without it sounding like complete shite?" I've put as much sidechain compression on some of the tracks as I could (otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it near that level of loudness) but I'm still kiiiind of learning this game.

I also like a lot going on. Not really a minimalist. Really enjoy have a lot to focus on. That being said, I'm also not trying to overdo it. Having a tough time finding that balance honestly.

I really, sincerely, do appreciate the feedback and welcome it. So honestly - thank you so much for taking the time to help.

------------------
Quote:
Old 22-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #4
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

And I really liked it. Especially moments like dubstep. Very cool mix.
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #5
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelina View Post
And I really liked it. Especially moments like dubstep. Very cool mix.
Thank you so much for letting me know I'm glad you enjoyed it!

------------------
Quote:
Old 23-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #6
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobia6464 View Post
Thank you so much for letting me know I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Good luck in your creativity

Advertisements

Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote