TheStumps' Loudness Calculator
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 19-11-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
TheStumps
Knob Twiddler
TheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond repute
Alaska
MC Status: 7310
TheStumps' Loudness Calculator

Here it is!
For anyone not already familiar, this is a tool that I developed to easily employ a new method that I'm testing for balancing loudness and dynamics during mastering.

If you use this tool, please let me know how it goes with the results that you obtained - ESPECIALLY if you use it to balance multiple songs into a set of normalized songs (like you would do for an album).
I finally finished the video tutorial...kind of.
I realized a bit too late that I was capturing at a lower scale quality and as a result the last section where the interface is gone over is not able to be read.
However, I spoke about each part by label name and value, and the location of where I'm discussing is visible.
So if you follow along with the calculator open, then you should be able to swing it with this low-fi tutorial anyway.
At some point I'll get enough time to go back and remake the tutorial, but for now I just want to get this out.

Oh, also...sorry, but I'm not a very good orator for video. I'm great in person, but I can't organize thought concisely enough for video soo....sorry it's not super polished on that front.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Also, also wick! I added two new features to the calculator after I made the video.
You don't really need a tutorial on them as they are graphs.
One is a histogram of your LUFS and PEAKS, and the other is a Spectrograph of your frequency information.
That kind of information is just handy to have when you're working with this kind of data, so I added it.

Here's the link to the Calculator excel file: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The help tab has links to all other needed files and applications.

----------------
If you are someone who finds that Orban 2.9 doesn't launch, and find that you need Orban 2.0, please use the Orban 2.0 download provided below and let me know. I'll send you a walk through on how to load the Orban 2.0 data into the system (it's mostly the same, but slightly different).
Should only be Mac users with decently older models.

Orban 2.0 Download:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

----------------

I said it in the video, but it's really important:
When you use the tool to balance multiple songs into a normalized set, KEEP THE AMPLIFICATION BOOST THE SAME FOR EACH SONG!
Moving the boost across songs is equal to saying that they are NOT normalized.

Cheers!
TheStumps

Last edited by TheStumps; 20-11-2017 at 09:28 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
You, or anyone else, are free to do anything with the music that I make. I consider all of my productions to be public domain. If someone asks, I will give them the source files and any related sample files if they are needed. Music is a dialogue, not a speech. Any listener must be free to become the speaker at any time for the life of the dialogue to be retained. Let us, then, discuss in tone.
TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote