[Electronica] Furious Tea - Same City
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 17-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
poets
Microknight
poets will become famous soon enough
cheshire
MC Status: 75
[Electronica] Furious Tea - Same City

Hey,

In my recent productions I've usually been using a combination of a few hardware synths, drum machines, sampler etc, the built in ableton stuff, sample packs from vengeance and the like and a range of soft synth VSTs.

So I decided to set myself a challenge, I wasn't allowed to use any of the synthesis tools or sample packs that I'd usually use, and could only use things I record with my microphone and real instruments.

In the end I used cello, acoustic bass, voice and some household items. I recorded and produced it in one day [it's only 3 minutes long], and while it's not my finest work, it has taught me to think about recording things myself before reaching for that sample pack.

Oh yeah and I cheated slightly with the kick - I sampled it from a record - but that was the only sample that wasn't recorded directly in my living room.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I suggest trying it out. It was really fun and I feel adding that human element to my future tracks is going to really help my productions.

If you do try it out I'd love to hear the results!

Last edited by A.M; 24-11-2017 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: Fixed embed

Advertisements

poets is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronica] Furious Tea - Same City.