[DnB] Concrete - Two Three (demo)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3560
[DnB] Concrete - Two Three (demo)

I made a DnB track that I plan to put in an EP once I have enough good tracks. This is a demo, exported out of Ableton (with normalization activated), no mastering so you might have to turn the volume up a bit.

I'd like some critics on the track in general and more specifically on the mix (to be honest I didn't spend a lot of time on it), so I can work on it to make it a better track!

damn, private shared links still doesn't embed...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [DnB] Concrete - Two Three (demo).
Old 17-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
Djates
IDMf's latest spammer
Djates is currently spamming hard
Berlin
MC Status: 10
Re: [DnB] Concrete - Two Three (demo)

Nice track. I like the style, basstone and bassmelody. The drums are sick, maybe for me they could sound harder and with more changes. Surprise me more with crazy and different drumsequences.
In 1:32 min: There you have a little change with the sounds. Thats very cool. More of it and earlier those things...I want to here your track more than one time, so please, entertain me ;-)
Djates is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #3
DJ Andee
Sample Destroyer
DJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MC
South Texas
MC Status: 247250

A bit too muddy for me, not really in love with the baseline or the filters over the percussion. The kick isn't as hard as it should be. It's kind of hard to listen to, there's not a whole lot going on here. There's some good stereo dynamic but that's about it. Maybe I'm just not into this sort of style.

------------------
DJ Andee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute

Thank for the feedback guys! Got to go back to the mix, and add more variations on the drums (a friend told me that too, so I guess its the right thing to do!).

------------------

------------
Soma
Old 17-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #5
winslow
IDMf's latest spammer
winslow is currently spamming hard

i like the bass tone but i feel it's just a tad too loud. i also feel like the drum break needs a bit more... balls? like a little bit of distortion of something. it does also need some other stuff for progression like drum variation, it is a bit repetitive, but i feel like something even as simple as some low-pass filter sweeps would help a lot. i also think some raps would sound great with this, kind like how Bong-Ra has on Bikini Bandits.
winslow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #6
Cestris
IDMf's latest spammer
Cestris is currently spamming hard

I feel that the track would need some kind of "hook" to be remembered. Some vocal, sfx or something else that makes it stand out and give it more identity. Also, more variation on the beats to keep the listeners interest. Only listening to PC-speakers atm.
Cestris is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #7
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler

Thanks for the inputs guys! I've tried a few things you said and I think it sounds better, I'll let you know when I got a new version.

------------------

------------
Soma
Old 23-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #8
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

I'll just say that I like it. I do not want to criticize anything, it's nice to listen!
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler

I got a new version, taking in consideration your advices. Maybe it is better, maybe not, thanks for your time anyway!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma