[Progressive House] Kyrpto - A Thousand Miles
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
[Progressive House] Kyrpto - A Thousand Miles

Here's a new song that I'm working on. Trying to get a better sound but not sure how.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Progressive House] Kyrpto - A Thousand Miles.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 PM   #2
Funktion
Microknight
Funktion will become famous soon enough
Montreal
MC Status: 60
Re: [Progressive House] Kyrpto - A Thousand Miles

The ambiance is really good here !

The bass seems too low sometime, maybe compress more the bass to keep a good ratio of bass during the changing notes.

The first drop is too sudden I think. Try to get more dynamics on the uprise.

The song is really chillin, I loved it !

Keep up !

-Funktion-

------------------
-----DJ Funktion-----

soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/officialfunktion

Push yourself
Funktion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:46 PM   #3
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion View Post
The ambiance is really good here !

The bass seems too low sometime, maybe compress more the bass to keep a good ratio of bass during the changing notes.

The first drop is too sudden I think. Try to get more dynamics on the uprise.

The song is really chillin, I loved it !

Keep up !

-Funktion-
Thanks! Yeah I thought the drop is a little too soon as well. Going to try for a more gradual buildup.

------------------
Old 12-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

I would change the sound of piano. I suppose that this should be more natural and with some reverberation.But is is just my opinion! Track is awesome
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 03:02 AM   #5
SoloSaga
Sample Destroyer
SoloSaga will become famous soon enough
Ohio
MC Status: 60

Hey nice vibes here, I feel like the drums or maybe the kick is just too aggressive/loud? I also feel like the snare could enjoy some more high end... this is all just my taste keep in mind. I do like your plucks and synths though, and the progression is satisfying and keeps my interest throughout.

------------------
SoloSaga is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 03:03 AM   #6
DJ Andee
Sample Destroyer
DJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MCDJ Andee is a savage MC
South Texas
MC Status: 247250

0:40 - Nice sound, very solid mixing and I like the kick counterpoint with the baseline. The synths are very generic sounding.

Around 1:25 - Great building ambiance, I like those two pads you layered but they're not wide enough IMO. I also feel like you could increase the airiness by decreasing the dry sound on the reverb and adding some more resonance perhaps with a bandpass reverb or a monophonic phaser.

3:33 - This could really have been a mind-blowing drop if you spaced it out a bit more and added a few overlapping progressive elements, with some building percussion aside from that kick/snare combo which is used throughout the song.

Overall, I like the short release of your percussion. The song is mixed very well and it sounds good, but it also sounds like a bunch of Sylenth1 and Massive presets sequenced together. That's my biggest problem too, making something that sounds like nothing else you've ever heard. You already have the sequencing and mixing down, I think your next step is to start with an oscillator and create a song from entirely custom patches.

------------------
DJ Andee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions! I have responded to the comments some of you left on my soundcloud page and will definitely be experimenting with the song in the weeks to come.

Thank you very much!

Advertisements

------------------