[Synthwave/Chillwave] Neon Cities - Toulouse
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-11-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1536277
Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,251 Posts
[Synthwave/Chillwave] Neon Cities - Toulouse

Completed in the South of France, just let it take you there...

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Synthwave/Chillwave] Neon Cities - Toulouse.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 26360
Re: [Synthwave/Chillwave] Neon Cities - Toulouse

Wow man, you just keep rolling these out!
I like how the drums are simple but then there's a lot of rhythmic stuff on top, like the plan muted guitar arpeggios, and what sounds like really short decay synth stuff.

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

Thanks man!

My partner has lended me his Juno106 and man... its an inspiring synth. Doing a lot of HW based composition these days, not trying to re-invent the wheel and reaching for some nostalgia to draw people in.

Much appreciate you listening and the feedback!

------------------
Old 04-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3560

Nice track! Toulouse is the city I live in, happy that it inspired you What bring you to this nice city? Any chance to see you on a live show?

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #5
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons of Achab View Post
Nice track! Toulouse is the city I live in, happy that it inspired you What bring you to this nice city? Any chance to see you on a live show?

I was in Toulouse last week (?) for a Tycho show. I've been working with/for Tycho for a few years off and on.

------------------
Old 05-11-2017, 03:37 AM   #6
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 9410

Sounds great Chase. Excellent mix. Lots of air with every instrument having lots of room in it's space. Can't say I really noticed the guitar until the end. Listening again and there it is. Very tastefully layered.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
PeteVai
Analog Lurker
PeteVai has a spectacular aura aboutPeteVai has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post

Completed in the South of France, just let it take you there...

Everything sounds clear, good sound selection and good track structure and progression.
Could be part of the soundtrack of Stranger Things

------------------
PeteVai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #8
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town
MC Status: 360

Within two seconds I was into this track. I think its the combo of the retro synth and the snare. What synth did you use if I may ask?

Killer man!

tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #9
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
What synth did you use if I may ask?

Thanks!

I used a Nord Lead 2 for the patch, and processed it with SoundToys Microshifter, Phasemistress and Echoboy. The low pass filtering is post those processes, its Ableton's Autofilter.

Last edited by chasedobson; 05-11-2017 at 07:05 PM..

------------------
Old 05-11-2017, 06:06 PM   #10
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town
MC Status: 360

Ahhh good old Nord. I have the lead 4. I love it!

tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #11
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
Ahhh good old Nord. I have the lead 4. I love it!
The 2 has been my go to for a number of years.

------------------
Old 06-11-2017, 12:41 AM   #12
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541130
Thanked 7,004 Times in 4,977 Posts

Saw this forever ago, been meaning to listen, need a break from grading : )

Live bass guitar on this? That lead sound is so 90's trance-y, I like it. Really like how the bass was handled in this track. Everything really just sits nicely, is present but soft. Really smooth sheen on this mix.

At this point I'm anxious for a Neon Cities EP or LP.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:58 AM   #13
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237806

Good fun! Cool slow groover

The breaks are somewhat indecisive.. in the way "not sure what to do - let's mute the groove section for some bars".. The remaining instruments continue as if they are not aware of the breaks.

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #14
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Saw this forever ago, been meaning to listen, need a break from grading : )

Live bass guitar on this? That lead sound is so 90's trance-y, I like it. Really like how the bass was handled in this track. Everything really just sits nicely, is present but soft. Really smooth sheen on this mix.

At this point I'm anxious for a Neon Cities EP or LP.
Live bass and guitar! (:

Advertisements

------------------