[Dub Techno Jam] AsylumSeaker - ghostfog
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 23-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO
AsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MC
MC Status: 245853
[Dub Techno Jam] AsylumSeaker - ghostfog

Last edited by A.M; 23-10-2017 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Fixed title

Advertisements

AsylumSeaker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dub Techno Jam] AsylumSeaker - ghostfog.
Old 23-10-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
PeteVai
Analog Lurker
PeteVai has a spectacular aura aboutPeteVai has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 160
Re: [Dub Techno Jam] ghostfog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumSeaker View Post
Hey man!
I kinda zoned out while listening to this. I was doing stuff and listening and I was feeling really calm.
I would probably play a bit more with the kicks. Other than that I have nothing else to point out, good job

------------------
PeteVai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO
AsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MC
Re: [Dub Techno Jam] ghostfog

Cheers Pete, thanks for listening. I agree with you about the kicks. Glad you liked
Old 24-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Re: [Dub Techno Jam] AsylumSeaker - ghostfog

I like the concept and the sound design is top notch. But the song is way too repetitive. Try to add different sections with slow downs and build ups.

Good luck!

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:22 PM   #5
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560

I like the second half a lot.
Your approach to percussion and DSP seems sophisticated.
The tonality is unusual yet still listenable.

Is this "illbient"? IDK, but pretty cool.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:03 AM   #6
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggit View Post
I like the second half a lot.
Your approach to percussion and DSP seems sophisticated.
The tonality is unusual yet still listenable.

Is this "illbient"? IDK, but pretty cool.
Cheers Daggit.. I dunno if it's 'illbient' but whatevs

The tones are coming from Akemies Castle which is based on an old FM chip of the kind that used to be used in soundblaster cards, similar to the chip in a sega megadrive.. I'm using something called a rotating clock divider to create those sorta random chord stabs and stuff.. the gates from the clock divider are driving the harmonic multiples of the oscillators in the chip. It can sound quite interesting, somewhat random but always with harmonically related notes Thanks for listening

ps - what struck you as DSP specifcally?

Last edited by AsylumSeaker; 06-11-2017 at 12:17 AM..
Old 09-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #7
FTD
Master of the LFO
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3463955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
I like the concept and the sound design is top notch. But the song is way too repetitive.
I think I'd agree with that, the tone/kick tires at little after a few minutes as it is and even a bit of variation with the volume would let other elements come into focus for parts. As it stands I would still start either a dub or straight up techno mix with this but probably go into the next track after about 2-3 mins. Would play it out live in it's entirety but very early doors, first hour.

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:28 AM   #8
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO

Cheers FTD, that's really encouraging.

Advertisements