OUT NOW! IDMf048- Dark Techno/IDM - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #41
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1536227
Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,250 Posts
Re: IDMf0xx- Dark Techno/IDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
EBM flavored Techno at the moment.

scrapped it. good to know when to quit.

attempt #2 today. Going to hit the FM synths hard.

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
Oatbag (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #42
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8540880
Thanked 6,999 Times in 4,974 Posts

You had me at Monolake @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
;p

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #43
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post

yeah me too. hence the FM synth stuff!

this tune is already starting to sound very "Monochase"

old stuff in the link (from my 2006 release) but this sort of vibe, is developing... only far better mixing

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 02-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #44
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329125300
Thanked 1,696 Times in 1,170 Posts

Thanks Auto!clears it up a bit.although the one i am working on is good,ima keep it for something else.
starting from scratch!
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #45
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 107950
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
scrapped it. good to know when to quit.

attempt #2 today. Going to hit the FM synths hard.
I've ditched so many ideas in the last 2 nights. This one is not coming natural.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
A.M (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #46
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183910
Thanked 3,678 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
I've ditched so many ideas in the last 2 nights. This one is not coming natural.
Ditto..this is like starting to learn how to produce all over again..nearly. If what I've got already is anything to go by, then this lad here won't be submitting a fecking thing. That said, there's plenty of time to try and up my game for this..here's hoping.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #47
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Ditto..this is like starting to learn how to produce all over again..nearly. If what I've got already is anything to go by, then this lad here won't be submitting a fecking thing. That said, there's plenty of time to try and up my game for this..here's hoping.
Just put a kick on the 1 2 3 and 4, 8th note hats, then do some dark ambient stuff in the background. That should give you a solid base to start. Not trying to oversimplify it. You can actually pretty much forget about melody and harmony if you like. Lots of dark techno has neither of those. Much of it is more or less atonal.

------------------
Old 02-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #48
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388249
Thanked 5,085 Times in 3,316 Posts

I do something. Find one thing in it I like. Ditch the rest, keep that, expand on it. Gradually it progresses.

Sometimes I do stuff and it just flows. This is not my natural environment and is taking a bit of work. But then thats the whole point I guess. When its finished I'll decide if I like it enough to submit. If not I'll drop it into the LB for people to point and laugh at

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
A.M (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #49
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Just put a kick on the 1 2 3 and 4, 8th note hats, then do some dark ambient stuff in the background. That should give you a solid base to start. Not trying to oversimplify it. You can actually pretty much forget about melody and harmony if you like. Lots of dark techno has neither of those. Much of it is more or less atonal.

Cheers, A, for the encouragement..you make it sound easy. I think that's the problem for me, not really knowing where to start on something like this. I mean, I used to listen to techno a lot in the past and you'd think that might give you an edge at producing it, but it's the same as learning to produce in any other genre starting out..there's basic mixing skills..but then there's the real nitty-gritty stuff, like how you structure the track and what sounds to use..all planning, I know..but where to really start?

You're words really have kicked my spirits up a little on this..going to jump right back in later tonight and see where it takes me.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 05:41 PM   #50
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Stercogburn View Post
I do something. Find one thing in it I like. Ditch the rest, keep that, expand on it. Gradually it progresses.

Sometimes I do stuff and it just flows. This is not my natural environment and is taking a bit of work. But then thats the whole point I guess. When its finished I'll decide if I like it enough to submit. If not I'll drop it into the LB for people to point and laugh at
Thanks, Roo..not sure if what you posted was in response to my post..or if you were just saying your piece..but it also helped me get a little "rejuvenated" about this and stoked to give it another try.

------------------
Old 02-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #51
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

well, a couple of hours in on this tune this morning. Every element in this tune has been created/generated by Ableton's Operator synth. Fun stuff. If all goes well everything in this tune will remain created with Operator, I see no reason why it shouldn't.

Using Ableton's native Synths and FX are great as automating everything is super straightforward... oh and Max4Live for some parameter randomization and LFO's.

------------------
Old 03-08-2017, 12:26 AM   #52
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21260

I threw one away too. Was using really dirty samples, but I found that didn't leave me much room to mix, plus the ryhthm was off. So I started fresh, just doing drums for now. Think I'll make a dirty delay send and try to have most of the song be made by sending various drums and mixtures of drums into that (or maybe those, plural!). Then maybe a bass arp for some nice grimy inconsistent sub.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:21 AM   #53
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

I've got a 144 patch FMish drum library loaded up on the A4 for this...prepare for some mad rhythms.

EDIT: got myself started.

Last edited by relic; 03-08-2017 at 04:30 AM..

------------------
Old 03-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #54
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

10 instances of Ableton's Operator FM synth.

Thats my tune. No other synths used, although I did re-sample a lot of things to manipulate in the audio realm.

I wanted to wrap this up before next Wed, as I am leaving for EU for work and if I lose momentum I'll never finish this up. Not a bad tune for a couple of days.

:edit: aaaaand, thats a wrap. where do i send this crap?

Last edited by chasedobson; 03-08-2017 at 10:07 PM..

------------------
Old 03-08-2017, 11:08 PM   #55
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329125300
Thanked 1,696 Times in 1,170 Posts

Quote:
10 instances of Ableton's Operator FM synth.

Thats my tune. No other synths used, although I did re-sample a lot of things to manipulate in the audio realm.

I wanted to wrap this up before next Wed, as I am leaving for EU for work and if I lose momentum I'll never finish this up. Not a bad tune for a couple of days.

:edit: aaaaand, thats a wrap. where do i send this crap?
man......jelly i am jelly....no surprise really you fart tracks in your sleep.
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:58 PM   #56
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixtr View Post
man......jelly i am jelly....no surprise really you fart tracks in your sleep.
Nah, man I just had two 8 hour "work days" to focus on this.

------------------
Thanks to chasedobson
Jaded (09-08-2017)
Old 04-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #57
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269464908
Thanked 2,826 Times in 1,873 Posts

To the label email here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #58
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post

i was kidding.

I just need to put 27 eq's and a million limiters on the master before I send it in.

------------------
Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #59
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 107950
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
i was kidding.

I just need to put 27 eq's and a million limiters on the master before I send it in.
A nice long reverb on the master adds a nice dark vibe too. Plus limit that again. Maybe some soundgoodgoodgoodizer!

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
A.M (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #60
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

well i finally read the rules.

instead of having all those limiters on the master im just going to sausage fatten every channel.

Advertisements

------------------