Getting that clangy snare....without ruining it. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 17-04-2017, 01:47 AM   #21
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8798
Re: Getting that clangy snare....without ruining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Alesis D4 samples might get you closer to the clangy steel drum sound. Play with the pitch, layer a few together, obv. If you can't find em, I can upload mine. Snr06-ClasscRM-38 pitched up would probably sound damn close to that Last Days of Humanity snare. In fact a ton of these are good for that early 90s death and grind music.
Will give a look. Ya, looking through my library of a bunch of drum machines there's the ones that want to be accurate to rock/"the standard drum kit" and then there's ones with samples in mind that you can tell electro/rap were in mind for the fundamentals. I think I recall early Agoraphobic Nosebleed albums used an Alesis drum module similar to the model you mentioned? Don't ask me how I remember.

Not to derail my own thread but has anyone checked out the 8bitdrums app by Canon on iPhone (back when I actually had one)? I always thought those were good samples. ...wonder if they're royalty free.

Advertisements

jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 07:51 AM   #22
DOLGAP
Minor Glitch
DOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Can't you just sample it from a song?
DOLGAP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 10:59 AM   #23
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8798

doesn't really do anything positive if I'm catching the rest of the band in that snipping of a snare. ....
jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #24
yoyokidz
Minor Glitch
yoyokidz will become famous soon enough
Copenhagen
MC Status: 60

It is mostly due to the drum. And then have the snare mics placed as long away from the snare as you can without too much bleed from the hat and toms. That gives you more ring.
But there are a tn of ringy snare smaples online you can use to mix in with your original snare.

Advertisements

yoyokidz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote