Ableton Live 9 Lite OR Pro Tools First? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #21
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town
MC Status: 410
Re: Ableton Live 9 Lite OR Pro Tools First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDDgOD View Post
I've been using Reaper for years cuz its free and whatnot. The gist of what I know about PT and Ableton is: Pro Tools is supposedly the industry standard, but Ableton is made for electronic music and live performance.

I know I can try both of them since I'll own them or I can Rewire Ableton into Pro Tools, but as far as the "look at all this cool shit" factor when I open the box, which one would you fire up first and why? Thanks.
The Only reason I use ProTools still is for tracking vocals. Pro tools offers the playlist option. Havent really found an easier way of doing it in ableton. Maybe just track better vocalist I guess

Ableton for the win!

Advertisements

tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #22
arm23
Soundwave Mangler
arm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
Re: Ableton Live 9 Lite OR Pro Tools First?

Ableton is more friendly(for me) with out board gear.
I recomend Pro tools!

Advertisements

------------------
Looking for inspiration and free secondhand hardware.
arm23 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote