Your favorite DAW and why (not a vs. thread) - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Old 09-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #281
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20510
Re: Your favorite DAW and why (not a vs. thread)

ABLETON oh my god, ableton just has this feeling to it like no other, I absolutely love it.

...isgreat...

Advertisements

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mute machine
A.M (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 08:09 PM   #282
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184210
Thanked 3,684 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
ABLETON oh my god, ableton just has this feeling to it like no other, I absolutely love it.

...isgreat...

Wait..is this the new DAW you recently tried..or have you gone back to the old one? Sorry, I can't remember.

Edit:..you know you're never going to live this down, don't ya?

Last edited by A.M; 09-06-2016 at 08:17 PM..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:17 PM   #283
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Wait..is this the new DAW you recently tried..or have you gone back to the old one? Sorry, I can't remember.
as I said earlier, I switch back and forth, I just bought logic, I am thinking of getting a refund though as I really don't like some of the aspects of it, I am currently using ableton live 9 suite.

------------------

Old 09-06-2016, 08:19 PM   #284
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
as I said earlier, I switch back and forth, I just bought logic, I am thinking of getting a refund though as I really don't like some of the aspects of it, I am currently using ableton live 9 suite.
I'm just yanking your chain, MM..you obviously just missed the edit I made before you posted your reply.

------------------
Old 09-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #285
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I'm just yanking your chain, MM..you obviously just missed the edit I made before you posted your reply.
yep, I see it now.

------------------

Old 10-06-2016, 02:35 AM   #286
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52310
Thanked 1,046 Times in 771 Posts

8-Track vintage tape recorder

Nothing compares to the warmth of a full analog signal path.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
I/O_Madness (20-09-2017)
Old 11-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #287
SampleScienc
Knob Twiddler
SampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond repute
Canada
MC Status: 2960

I mainly use Fl Studio 11, but I'm also an Ableton Live & Reaper user. I'd like to use Reason more,but for some reason I don't seem to like it enough to go really deep in it.

------------------
SampleScienc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SampleScienc
badmotor (07-11-2017)
Old 19-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #288
PrimeSuspect
Minor Glitch
PrimeSuspect has a spectacular aura aboutPrimeSuspect has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Ableton, because of its versatility and flexibility. Nowadays there are not so many DAWs, in which you can create a track from very beginning to very end, without help of other DAWs and programs. Ableton is one of such programs. Many people complain about its complicated UI, but I believe that if you can not master the UI of your DAW, how can you create music in general...
PrimeSuspect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 04:59 AM   #289
cicciosound
IDMf's latest spammer
cicciosound will become famous soon enough
Adelaide
MC Status: 60

At the moment I us fl studio, but honestly I think the best is Ableton. Once you get used to its interface, it becomes easy to use !!!! Even automation of volume or of effects and stuff is much more quick to do on the arranger section!!
I guess that's just my opinion, but at the end of the day every DAW is made for a certain group of people but they all have the same "functionality", sort of.
have a good one!!
cicciosound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #290
CoffeeDJ91
IDMf's latest spammer
CoffeeDJ91 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I love Cubase 9! I used Logic X for years but since switching to Cubase I feel like its so much better for me and my work flow!
CoffeeDJ91 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 03:21 PM   #291
Sheiknbeik
Regular Freak
Sheiknbeik will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Ableton. Just fits my style of music (looped based).
Sheiknbeik is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #292
Critical
Granular Poster
Critical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond repute
Redditch
MC Status: 2010

At the risk of bumping along an old thread it's awesome to see a mixture of preferences.
Serious question with mine. I've used FL studio since I was 17 so that's err.... 2001 I think it was only 3 years old then! Now admittedly I bimbled along with cracked copies and cracked vst's I never took production seriously and only ever did it for personal pleasure nothing commercial or of any monetary value. In fact I would not touch it for sometimes up to 12 months!
Anyway I always belive in paying my dues so now I'm in a position to afford a proper setup everything on my pc is legit, registered to me just as it should be and I really want to learn.

My problem is FL studio Is all I know. I remember it as fruity loops and how basic it was in its infancy. I get the feeling it is looked down on in the production world.
Is that how you guys see it (I wont be offended by honest answers) am I missing out by not investing my time in learning a new Daw like Ableton, Logic. I always feel like FL studio is viewed as the enthusiast Daw but I've never used anything else....
Critical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #293
arm23
Soundwave Mangler
arm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

My love with Reason is slowly fading away

------------------
Here is the track
arm23 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #294
Critical
Granular Poster
Critical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond repute
Redditch
MC Status: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm23 View Post
My love with Reason is slowly fading away
Why mate?
Critical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #295
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
At the risk of bumping along an old thread it's awesome to see a mixture of preferences.
Serious question with mine. I've used FL studio since I was 17 so that's err.... 2001 I think it was only 3 years old then! Now admittedly I bimbled along with cracked copies and cracked vst's I never took production seriously and only ever did it for personal pleasure nothing commercial or of any monetary value. In fact I would not touch it for sometimes up to 12 months!
Anyway I always belive in paying my dues so now I'm in a position to afford a proper setup everything on my pc is legit, registered to me just as it should be and I really want to learn.

My problem is FL studio Is all I know. I remember it as fruity loops and how basic it was in its infancy. I get the feeling it is looked down on in the production world.
Is that how you guys see it (I wont be offended by honest answers) am I missing out by not investing my time in learning a new Daw like Ableton, Logic. I always feel like FL studio is viewed as the enthusiast Daw but I've never used anything else....
At the end of the day, it all comes down to the individual and their workflow..a case of "what works best for you". I personally use and love MuLab from MuTools.com, as it fits best how I do things and the way I approach music production..while others swear what they use is best.

In all honesty, these days most DAWs are more than able to do more or less the same tasks..but what really makes them "good" is how well they do the task that YOU want to do..be that composing at your PC/Mac or performing live at a gig. You basically need to keep these things in mind when choosing a DAW.

On here you'll find there's a healthy banter about which is best..and, yes, FL does take some flack from time to time..but again, most understand that the somewhat negative tag its got over the years has more to do with the imagined image of those who use it, than it does with its features and ability to perform as a studio DAW.

LSS, don't worry about what others think about the DAW you use..just use the one that feels right for you and enables you to make the kind of music you make. By all means, try out a few demos of other DAWs if you like, but, as they say, if it ain't broken, then don't fix it.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Critical (07-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #296
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7360

At the risk of further necroing this older post, I agree with A.M. (and find it cool he uses MuTools also) that it depends on what you want to do with it. I personally stepped away from FL studio and bought Bitwig. Absolutely no regrets. Since this is supposed to be a no-bashing thread I will leave out my thoughts on what FL lacks for me, but the point is, get a trial version of several DAWs and give them a test run.
BW has, fwiw handsdown the most flexible automation and modulation options and workflow as you can freely assign LFOs, math modules, audio rate followers, etc to any parameter of ANY vst. It is basically half DAW, half modular synth. Plus it has the same scene setup as Live, which I really wanted. YMMV

Advertisements

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote