**OUT NOW** IDMf043 RFJ - of Storybook and Sound - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Old 27-01-2014, 04:51 AM   #21
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 47610
Re: **OUT NOW** IDMf043 RFJ - of Storybook and Sound

I'm listening to it right now. I finally am alone at home. Got the headphones on. It's really good.

Advertisements

Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Stich
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 06:03 AM   #22
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760

thanks for sharing such a personal story. i was following along in the other thread and it built quite an anticipation for this release. i would like to take more time with it before commenting on the tracks. but a question popped up into my mind last night. what was your relationship to music during all these years? was there a soundtrack to your madness? i don't know when you started messing around with production, but if it was while all of that was going on, how much importance (if any) did you give it? just curious if you ever got the urge to mess around with any music making while you were drunk/high and what kind of results that lead to.
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to iDoG
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #23
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

I have read the review, and the previous question. I really am at a loss for words, in a good way. I don't want to rush a reply and that's what would happen if I replied right now this second. I owe you guys more than that. I'll hit the thread back up in the morning when I have an appropriate amount of time to consider and respond. For now, I appreciate all this more than you know.

And Tim, thanks for the listen man...thanks so much.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 06:46 AM   #24
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 47610

I plan to listen to it again tomorrow night when I get home. I went back and listened to a track you did on Music for Skeletons and I really like that one, too.
Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Stich
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 06:56 AM   #25
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

I would like to hear about your musical journey as well. For example you mentioned you had a guitar, did you play in any bands, make anything? Maybe you can do this for album two.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #26
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

Rick, All I know to say is AMAZING! And that doesn't even begin to serve the justice that this release is. This truly is a remarkable album and Ben, You did an amazing mastering job on this, so hats off to the both of you. So I'm curious, what are the samples of the small child? The production and composition of this is so beautiful and at times haunted, particularly "A Narrow Escape" So, Excellent work on both the story and the sound. You have certainly demonstrated the human aesthetic of electronic music with this. Also, This stands as sonic proof that the best music coming out these days are free. In the words of a wise man, Don't ever stop making music.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 07:47 AM   #27
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

^^^ Nice post and I agree. The voice gives it such a human element. It really draws you in.
Thanks to Muse-ic
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #28
eagles
Learning The Ropes
eagles will become famous soon enougheagles will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Wow. I was worried my looking forward to this, and subsequent coming out of lurkership, would put me in danger of ruining this, and even with high expectations I'm seriously blown away.

That track morning literally made my head spin.
Literally.
eagles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to eagles
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #29
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg
MC Status: 22144205

Child voices, ambient and minimal glitches: my cup of tea
Excellent work, man, congrats.

------------------
My Ep "I Am A Dead Man" is out on Xylem Records

Departure (Bonus Track) Video
Soundcloud: μ-metik
Facebook: μ-metik
Twitter:μ-metik
unknown__artist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to unknown__artist
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #30
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

This is the best thing I can come up with to say thanks...

I'm glad these questions have been posed because It gives me an opportunity to talk about what went into all of this from a technical standpoint. I'm always curious about the process, influence, and ethos of others so hopefully all of you will find interest in mine. I've also always wanted to read something like this from many other artists in the catalog and the below is born out of that desire.

Many of you, by nature of your membership here, are already aware of many of the things I'll touch on. But, being as this is a learning community, maybe one day the wayward music maker will run across this and find some answers as to what it is that might be wrong...

**Anything in orange can be clicked**

First off, influence. It's nearly impossible to make something that has never before been heard. We can try but the fact is we can't, or I can't at least, ignore influence. There exists, however a clear cut difference in influence and copy. Down through the years I've been influenced by many on the musical front. From The Cure to Autechre and pretty much everything in between. But, with that said, my primary influence in making this came from right here in the IDMf catalog. If you like what I have done and possess an open mind, chances are, you'll love this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

As far as making something that's never been heard I think, if you click that link, you'll hear something that's about as close to totally original as you can get. I'm not just saying that because he posted in here either, it's because it's the truth. While our albums are vastly different in nature I think you can hear the influence of his record dripping all throughout mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCoB View Post
what was your relationship to music during all these years? was there a soundtrack to your madness? i don't know when you started messing around with production, but if it was while all of that was going on, how much importance (if any) did you give it?
I started listening to electronic music in 1997. I was introduced to Aphex / AE / BoC / etc. right out of the gate, in Oklahoma of all places. I didn't start trying to make it though until 2006. One would think that after 8 years of doing something that I'd have much more material than a five track and a couple of one offs. I grabbed a copy of FL Studio the Christmas I was married and quickly found out that just because I liked what I had heard through the years, and that I knew how to use a computer, that did not mean making it would come easy at all.

So, I piddled around for a few years, with numerous stops and restarts, until one day I saw a video for the MPC2500 and I was convinced that would be the thing that would cure all of my production woes. Soon after that I nabbed one off of eBay and was quickly disappointed when I couldn't use it straight away and, being as I didn't really want to have to sit there and learn anything, found the process of trying to sample anything on my own to be far too arduous. I decided the best thing to do would be to sell it for something else, like a synth maybe or anything that came with sounds because then I knew it would get much much easier.

That's when I found this place and the only reason I registered was to ask what I should trade my MPC for and leave. I've learned since then the folly in questions of that nature exists in the simple fact that one can make great music on anything provided they're willing to sit there and learn. I learned that both by staying here and via my own experience.

The drugs and alcohol were in full swing shortly after I became a member here and from that point on,I hate to admit this, but my reasons for acquiring new gear and trying to make tracks was, primarily, to impress you people. Obviously I loved music, and had always wanted to make it on one level or another, but when I saw what was possible via the internet I was instantly driven, not by the process but, by trying to hurry up and get some shit on a release somewhere. Quickly my soundcloud was filled with whatever shitty jam I had done the night before.

By this time I had gone from the MPC, to a Yamaha RS7000 an Alesis Micron, some shitty box from E-Mu called the Mo-Phatt, yes the Mo-Phatt, and the all time worse piece of gear I've ever owned the Roland Mc-303. Again, the drugs were present and I still had no desire to sit there and learn anything, so any experimentation that I was doing was very dishonestly motivated due to the primary reason being to impress as mentioned earlier.

To make a long part of this story short I finally landed on an Elektron Monomachine and the fabled Korg MS-2000r. I guess at this point I was learning a few things because you can't help but pick up a trick or two by reading a forum of this nature on the daily. But I still, by and large, refused to dig in all the way. These were the pieces of gear I had in my possession upon checking into treatment and these are the pieces of gear I had when I got out.

I'll tie in the rest of this answer here in a second but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCoB View Post
just curious if you ever got the urge to mess around with any music making while you were drunk/high and what kind of results that lead to.
Yes the urge was there but as stated before the motivation was totally dishonest so any and all experimentation led nowhere. It's my experience that the primary trap with dishonest motivation is everything that comes out sounds like a bad copy of something that came before it, simple as that. I'll never be Autechre. When I try to be it will never sound right. Even if one day it would, what's the point anyway because it's already been done, and probably been done much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
I would like to hear about your musical journey as well. For example you mentioned you had a guitar, did you play in any bands, make anything?
The first band I played in I played saxaphone in the sixth grade jazz band at my Jr. High. Music and the making of music on one level or another has always been present as long as I can remember. I've played in highschool band, rock bands, punk bands, tried to be a singer songwriter in my own band but none of it ever worked. Not to beat a dead horse here but the point I'm trying to drive home here is it didn't work because, at the end of the day, it was never about the music. It was always about someone else and what they thought of me. Maybe some people can "make it" that way, and I'm pretty sure there are some who have but, it was an impossible thing for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetty Bhite View Post
This truly is a remarkable album and Ben, You did an amazing mastering job on this, so hats off to the both of you.
Thanks for your comments on the album Jhon, and yes you are correct, benwaa really knocked those masters out of the park. In fact, for those who are unaware...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetty Bhite View Post
So I'm curious, what are the samples of the small child?
The samples of my daughter were collected over a three month period from January of 2012 to March of the same year. Tying this in with a previous answer leads me to the sale of my Monomachine and the MS-2000 roughly 8 months post treatment. What lead me to that decision was the track that I made for [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

What happened was I banged out a crappy track on the Monomachine in hopes of getting something finally on one of these IDMf releases. The original source material for that track was horrendous. I knew this and was resigned to not even turn it in at one point in time during the composition phase. So I took everything I had, dumped it all in to the copy of Ableton Live Lite that I had been using to record bits of hardware over the previous "x" amount of years and instantly learned probably the most valuable lesson I've learned in all these years trying to do this. The lesson learned was something you see people say but never fully understand until it happens....

It's not what you use that matters but how much you're willing to sit there and learn that does.

Sounds like hyperbole but I can tell you it's the 100% truth. I began cutting, resampling, and resequencing the loops I made on the Elektron Box and was made quickly aware that over the years of unsuccessfully fiddling with the hardware I had also been learning, by default, how to use Live. That realization came like a slap in the face because for years I was convinced that if I could just find the right setup I'd be able to make it work. Looking back, I know now, that I was so wrong. So I sold all the gear to fund an upgrade to Live 9 and with the remaining funds purchased an Audio Technica Condenser Microphone and that's what I used to make what we have here.

I spent a large amount of time recording anything and everything I could find but struck gold when I set the mic up in the bathroom one night while I was giving the kids their bath. As a result of that session I then began recording anything I could of my daughter. Many times I would set the mic up in her room and walk away. I recorded her talking, I recorded her reading to me, I recorded her reading her own stories she had written at school, and I recorded her playing. That left me with several hours of raw audio which I listened through over a period of time. I cut out the best bits and organized them into folders and the end result / "lyric sheet" is as follows:

Track 1 - White Flags

A light burnned in the window...
Maybe they can help us...
You guys should go home after dark.

Track 2 - Contemplation

The king of all wild things was lonley...
And he wanted to be...
Where someone loved him best of all.

Track 3 - The Last Analysis

Magic trick
She could freeze to death, I have to find her
He struggled to unbuckle his briefcase but his fingers felt frozen
Magic trick
Jack
Jack tried to stay calm he took a few breaths
Ahmad-a-call-a-moda-bhast (Think, magic words)
Magic trick

Track 4 - A Narrow Escape

Look Out!
They're going to capture you
You...can't...get us.

Track 5 - Morning

Out of the storm...
Eager for another glimpse...
Out of the storm...
I'm a butterfly! - IFJ
Out of the storm.

Some of these things she said directly and other things I cut and pasted together to make them say what you hear in the context of the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajwxp View Post
RFJ - Of Storybook and Sound (IDMf043)[/SIZE]
Track-by-Track Review
First off I was very excited to see this. It's an odd thing reading something like this about something you have made. I was nervous but also very pleased when it was all said and done...obviously. I'll respond to a few points to try and bring some additional clarity then be done...

Quote:
The album begins with White Flags, which opens with a surreal filtered choir
Anything you hear on the record, that even remotely sounds like a human voice, tribal chant, or choir, is the voice of my daughter as were many of the sounds that don't. The things one can do with a simple piece of audio via layering, resampling, and cutting are literally endless. Unless you're looking for some "phat" analogue bass, these days the source of the sound secondary to what you do with it after it's captured.

Quote:
The drums enter, masterfully paralleled to the atmosphere; I think it's necessary to state somewhere that one of the highlights in this album is the masterful use of drums.
It's interesting your use of the word masterful. It's interesting because, let's face it, there are many more albums out there that pull off many more fancy tricks than what you hear here. I think the main thing I could say about drums is the most important thing one can do is take the additional time to manually adjust the velocity of the drum track per hit. That's really what brings whatever mastery you hear in my work. It takes time but bringing the most human feel possible can take a very standard drum beat to a totally new place.

Quote:
A Narrow Escape is clearly the highlight of this album - detuned piano juxtaposed skilfully with fragments of the girl's voice; fragments of drum beats.
That detuned piano was recorded with the mic I mentioned earlier on an old upright my wife and I picked up last year for $100.00. It cost more to have the damn thing moved across town than it did to buy it. Piano lessons for my daughter is the intention and, at the time I recorded it, we had yet to have it tuned.

I picked this to specifically reply to because of your use of the word "highlight." This track, as with all of the others, was pulled back from the brink of full on suck about 3/4ths of the way through composition. I wanted to note this so I could point out that it's of vital importance, both on the global level of ones production and on a track by track basis, to not give up before it gets there. It's easy to scrap a project and move on. But my "best" results have always been born from something that is going nowhere but not abandoned.

Quote:
From the beginning of the album, artist RFJ carves out a soundscape that cannot be described using the "genres" which we define music by.
Quote:
Because an album of such honest, of such genuine sincerity, takes you on a sixteen-and-a-half minute journey to the honest realities of life. I'm not the guy to put scores on albums, but this album doesn't deserve a score - it falls into a category so unexplored by modern music that it's impossible to judge it the same way.
You're too kind, really, too kind. But if what you say here is true it's because of what I was talking about earlier. When I began planning this collection of songs I began by thinking about what I wanted to communicate and the feelings I wanted to get across. It wasn't about "them", or what fancy tricks I could pull to try and impress a listener. It was about the music and the music alone. Sure I had a desire to get it out there but that desire at no point in time trumped the desire to just speak honestly through the tracks and to try as hard as I could to be true to what I can do as an "artist." When we strive to achieve these things it leaves little room for trying to sound like artist "x" and makes way for something that has the potential of striking a chord with the listener.

If we can figure out a way to communicate with another human being via our chosen medium the results will follow. The results might not come in the form of a contract or a paycheck but when "success" is measured in terms like that it begins the viscous cycle that I've been talking about since the beginning. There's nothing wrong with making a buck or two. But, in my humble opinion, if that is the primary goal of the chase, chances are you will wind up with frustration, and chances are after that the desire to communicate will be crippled.

Thanks be to you and everyone else for the kind words and support. I never expected anything like this.

Last edited by RFJ; 27-01-2014 at 09:42 PM..

------------------
Old 27-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #31
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 108350
Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,390 Posts

Downloaded and on track 4 now. Very nice.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #32
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541930
Thanked 7,020 Times in 4,987 Posts

I wish more artists were forthcoming with how they do what they do and why. the more I learn the more I know there arent really very many secrets or "tricks"...its a matter of putting axe to stone as it were anyway. Learning about other peoples processes facinates me.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #33
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions and share your thoughts. This was not only interesting and inspiring but so helpful as I find myself in a similar spot when it comes to music. It's hard plowing through the breaking point and figuring out your true intent as an artist. It gives me hope that I can achieve what I want to achieve.
Thanks to Muse-ic
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #34
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

Want to congratulate you RFJ. Listened to it on the site and will be DLing tonight. Can't wait to put this on my phone.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to bbb
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 27-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #35
Spiritos
Ghostly
Spiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond repute
Amsterdam
MC Status: 7010

Listened to your album 4 times on repeat. I love how the songs really come together as cohesive parts of the same musical landscape. Great piece of work! Fantastic processing on the vocals that just seem to float throughout the music and the textural imaging in the background. Also great sense of balance weighing the dark vs light in the overal atmosphere of the songs.

And hats off for sharing your personal journey along with your newborn with us..

------------------
Win8.1 64x/Sonar X3/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC 222/Washburn D12/Behringer BCF2000 & BCF2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT2020/2xB5/Sennheiser E 825s/Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502
Spiritos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Spiritos
RFJ (27-01-2014)
Old 28-01-2014, 12:46 AM   #36
dajwxp
Knob Twiddler
dajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of light
NOT in China~
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Anything you hear on the record, that even remotely sounds like a human voice, tribal chant, or choir, is the voice of my daughter as were many of the sounds that don't. The things one can do with a simple piece of audio via layering, resampling, and cutting are literally endless. Unless you're looking for some "phat" analogue bass, these days the source of the sound secondary to what you do with it after it's captured.
Quote:
But if what you say here is true it's because of what I was talking about earlier. When I began planning this collection of songs I began by thinking about what I wanted to communicate and the feelings I wanted to get across. It wasn't about "them", or what fancy tricks I could pull to try and impress a listener. It was about the music and the music alone. Sure I had a desire to get it out there but that desire at no point in time trumped the desire to just speak honestly through the tracks and to try as hard as I could to be true to what I can do as an "artist." When we strive to achieve these things it leaves little room for trying to sound like artist "x" and makes way for something that has the potential of striking a chord with the listener.

If we can figure out a way to communicate with another human being via our chosen medium the results will follow. The results might not come in the form of a contract or a paycheck but when "success" is measured in terms like that it begins the viscous cycle that I've been talking about since the beginning. There's nothing wrong with making a buck or two. But, in my humble opinion, if that is the primary goal of the chase, chances are you will wind up with frustration, and chances are after that the desire to communicate will be crippled.
I now respect you more than I already did. Hats off (okay that emoticon didnt really work)

You, sir, are a true artist. Maximal respect.

------------------
| new album! |

| soundcloud! | bandcamp! |

always in search of sexy idmf music!~
dajwxp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to dajwxp
RFJ (28-01-2014)
Old 28-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #37
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Listening to it right now. Sounds really great up until now
Those vocals samples are simply awesome.

Nice work

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to EatTheFood
RFJ (28-01-2014)
Old 28-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #38
Tode
IDMf Artist
Tode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MC
Göteborg
MC Status: 108655302

Haven't heard RFJ's stuff before and I'm very happy I downloaded this! Very nice listen. Cheers.

------------------
How I Faced the Storm

YO Three

Tode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Tode
RFJ (28-01-2014)
Old 28-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #39
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatTheFood View Post
Listening to it right now. Sounds really great up until now
Those vocals samples are simply awesome.

Nice work
Woah, haven't seen you in a while. Glad you are enjoying it and that you find the vocal samples pleasing to the ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tode View Post
Haven't heard RFJ's stuff before and I'm very happy I downloaded this! Very nice listen. Cheers.
I have heard much of your stuff there Tode and based upon that I'm grateful for your comments.

Thanks again so much guys for the listen.

------------------
Old 28-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #40
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

This is great stuff but obviously you don't need me telling u that. Fave is narrow escape. It has a kin of autechrian vibe to it

Advertisements

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to stem collector
RFJ (28-01-2014)