Audio interface & Soundcard recommendations. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #21
ny126
Learning The Ropes
ny126 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Audio interface & Soundcard recommendations.

Just bought a saffire liquid 56, and it's pretty sweet,

Advertisements

ny126 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #22
mrkrstoffa
Granular Poster
mrkrstoffa is a glorious beacon of lightmrkrstoffa is a glorious beacon of lightmrkrstoffa is a glorious beacon of lightmrkrstoffa is a glorious beacon of lightmrkrstoffa is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Im running saffire pro 14 and its class.
mrkrstoffa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2014, 01:17 AM   #23
HiRock
Learning The Ropes
HiRock is currently spamming hard

I just bought the Focusrite 2i2 from amazon, its only $144! I'm a starting EDM producer and still learning how to use Logic pro...but hey, a starts a start.
HiRock is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2014, 01:23 AM   #24
Donald Joseph
Learning The Ropes
Donald Joseph will become famous soon enough
Detroit
MC Status: 60

I used a Mackie 1220i for a few years. The Pre's are decent, and the 12 channel mixer/sound card came in handy many many times. Multiple stereo outs isn't as straight forward as your regular soundcard, but it does the trick...
Donald Joseph is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #25
cole minor
Minor Glitch
cole minor will become famous soon enoughcole minor will become famous soon enough
Ft Myers FL
MC Status: 110

I personally like presonus products, I just use that and line out to my monitors/headphones. They have small boxes in USB and Firewire, and then they have some big racks in firewire as well, quality pre amps and you get better power for your 48+ through firewire, supposedly also through the new USB 3.0, though I haven't used the usb 3 yet.

Microphone, for regular home studio, my opinion is best in the price range would be the AKG perception microphones.

Headphones, for about 100 bux you can get some pretty nice AKG headphones as well, the 55 dollar and 75 dollar models are so so, but there's a model sells around 100 bux thats pretty good.

there's my 2 cents..

check out cole minor on soundcloud!
cole minor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Cole Minor
Old 06-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #26
cole minor
Minor Glitch
cole minor will become famous soon enoughcole minor will become famous soon enough
Ft Myers FL
MC Status: 110

oh and you don't need a great soundcard with interfaces, or at least i've never had issues. I always use the ASIO driver that is speciffically for the box. then run all my audio thru that.
cole minor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #27
Solum
Microknight
Solum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1060

I love the RME products. I am using a UFX and a Fireface 400. They are very fast and bring high quality sounding to your studio.
Solum is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #28
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts
Icon6 Re: Audio interface & Soundcard recommendations.

if u dont need anything fancy, the alesis m1 active 320 usb interface is ok. It comes built into some small fair speakers, but it really is a 48 khz 16 bit interface with inputs. I have one set and it works with asio4all. It only costs about $90 dollars and doesnt need drivers (usb class complant). The 520s are the same but bigger. peace

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #29
Ed Nomi
Analog Lurker
Ed Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud ofEd Nomi has much to be proud of
Antwerp
MC Status: 1310

If your new computer has thunderbolt, you can always buy an adapter cable, cheapest solution in that case.
Ed Nomi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #30
Marcus Quarter
Minor Glitch
Marcus Quarter will become famous soon enough
Vienna
MC Status: 60

I use a Focusrite2i4

Works fine with my Windows 7 PC
Marcus Quarter is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #31
Same-Same
Learning The Ropes
Same-Same is currently spamming hard

Focusrite! I use the 2i2, but most of their stuff are very good value!
Same-Same is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #32
ViciousREC
Regular Freak
ViciousREC is just really niceViciousREC is just really niceViciousREC is just really niceViciousREC is just really nice
California
MC Status: 360

I second the Focusrite 2i2.

I love it. Great quality, and minimal latency issues while recording (I've actually never had latency issues with it), portable, and extremely budget-friendly.

It looks damn sexy, too.
ViciousREC is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #33
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

a pair of Maudio Delta 44's. does the trick for me
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #34
l.u.c.a.
Regular Freak
l.u.c.a. is currently spamming hard
Vienna

I have been using the Komplete Audio 6 from Native Instruments for about 2 or 3 years and am still very happy with it! Obviously its not the most proffesional interface out there but for a price of about 230 it's more than worth it!!
Good latency (at least for me) and very robust - even droped it once from some hight and the thing didn't even have a scratch
l.u.c.a. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #35
opiumflirt
Regular Freak
opiumflirt has a spectacular aura aboutopiumflirt has a spectacular aura aboutopiumflirt has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

It doesn't really matter nowadays anymore. All the soundcards are great. Drivers matter a bit more.
In the budget range, I would look into Steinberg. Great performance on various measurements and solid drivers
opiumflirt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #36
kresbeatz
Microknight
kresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to behold
Budapest, Hungary
MC Status: 860

Bought Universal Audio Apollo Twin three weeks ago and now can say for sure, that I have no problems with it at all! Super low latency, unison preamp, ability to use UAD plugins (v2 versions of 1176, LA2A and Fairchild are really awesome) and thunderbolt support without any additional adapters. Before that I used NI Audio 8 DJ, Propellerhead Balance and Apogee Duet, but I couldn't be happier with Apollo now!
kresbeatz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #37
PenExpers1878
Granular Poster
PenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

Im also looking for an audio interface , both for recording and for use when I play live/Dj , have a budget of around 200
PenExpers1878 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #38
Solum
Microknight
Solum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud ofSolum has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1060

The UAD`s are nice but I decided against one of these and chose a RME UFX together with a UAD Satellite. Having two separate systems is more interesting for me. If you have an issue with the DSP`s you`ll have a problem with the interface too.

------------------
House and Jazz together, Promo.

Solum is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #39
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837848

Holy shit. I got a focusrite scarlett 6i6 today, and immidiately turned the latency as low as it goes. No clicks pops or cpu usage and 1ms of (presumably input) latency. Gives me a little headroom if I want to use live effects on inputs.

Mic input doesn't go quite as loud as I would like with a dynamic mic plugged in through xlr though.

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #40
PenExpers1878
Granular Poster
PenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to beholdPenExpers1878 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizar View Post
Holy shit. I got a focusrite scarlett 6i6 today, and immidiately turned the latency as low as it goes. No clicks pops or cpu usage and 1ms of (presumably input) latency. Gives me a little headroom if I want to use live effects on inputs.

Mic input doesn't go quite as loud as I would like with a dynamic mic plugged in through xlr though.
I have the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 ordered myself , should be arriving tomorrow

Advertisements

PenExpers1878 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote