[nu-jazz/hiphop/electro/sample collage] Barbari - Nobody
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 01-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #1
jonistaken
Radial Developer
jonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nice
MC Status: 428
[nu-jazz/hiphop/electro/sample collage] Barbari - Nobody

I wrote a sample collage/original composition featuring my own bass, keys and limited guitar playing along with some chopped up samples that were lifted from Adele, BB King, Singers Unlimited, Santana and Lightnin Hopkins.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
jonistaken is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Sarah Vaughn
Rate this track - [nu-jazz/hiphop/electro/sample collage] Barbari - Nobody.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
GuyWithSausageF
Digital Surfer
GuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Re: [nu-jazz/hiphop/electro/sample collage] Barbari - Nobody

This has a nice, cool feel to it. Mix wise, I don't think there is any need to change anything. The instrumental choice is great and those vocal samples are full of soul and add to this whole sound that is like bluesy industrial hiphop.

I really like it.
GuyWithSausageF is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
Funktion
Analog Lurker
Funktion is on a distinguished road
Montreal
MC Status: 10

Real great flow, feels like a good chilling ! overall it's a good prod, even if I can't advance many things in a mix of recorded guitar, didn't really tried yet... Well, I've much appreciated the part with Adele's crop samples and what follows up, but when the outro part drops, I mean at 2min15, I don't even know who it is but... sounds like it ruins the mix a bit... It may be my music prefers but it is my opinion about the vocals. Chords are fine, flow as well, drums are fine too... I guess that's all

gg
Funktion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #4
GuyWithSausageF
Digital Surfer
GuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really niceGuyWithSausageF is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion View Post
Real great flow, feels like a good chilling ! overall it's a good prod, even if I can't advance many things in a mix of recorded guitar, didn't really tried yet... Well, I've much appreciated the part with Adele's crop samples and what follows up, but when the outro part drops, I mean at 2min15, I don't even know who it is but... sounds like it ruins the mix a bit... It may be my music prefers but it is my opinion about the vocals. Chords are fine, flow as well, drums are fine too... I guess that's all

gg
Actually, I forgot to mention that as well. The last vocal part really sticks out. Not sure if it is the mix or the sample in general.
GuyWithSausageF is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
sradc
Radial Developer
sradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1210

Nice beat! Last vocal is a bit dissonant, it kinda works... (side note: maybe a bit of delay and verb could be put it on it). On the whole good job!

------------------
sradc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:30 AM   #6
jonistaken
Radial Developer
jonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nice
MC Status: 428

Thanks. I have similar feelings about that last vocal too. I think the notes are good, but the style change is too dramatic. Also the recording quality on that sample is too good, I could have washed it out a bit more.

My biggest concern was getting the synth/kick/bassline to sit alright.

Advertisements

------------------
jonistaken is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote