Roo Recommends... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060
Re: Roo Recommends...

Some nice Gems my man...

Cheers

Advertisements

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #22
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

sub sub sub
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #23
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

alot of good stuff in the LB lately, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND ROO

(your synthpop track! )
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #24
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388199
Thanked 5,084 Times in 3,315 Posts

Updated. It was taking longer than I liked to update. Ben's track has been lurking for some weeks and in the last few days a couple of tracks from long standing members hit the LB so rather than fighting it I went with it.

There were a large number of 'nearly made it' in the LB but most need(ed) quite a lot of work as the ones that caught my ear were WIPs in their early stages.

Got a sneaking suspiction with the holidays looming for most there will be a lot more activity in the LB, despite everyone having Crimbo stuff going on so this bunch might not stay at the top too long, which is only a good thing

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
David Perello
Learning The Ropes
David Perello is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Hello Stercogburn,

Im talking about the song in your signature

the opening synth is amazing I felt really sad that it was so short use of it at the beginning.

the vocals gives a nice 90\80th song style but it could be better with a little less reverb.

the bassline feels a little bit monotonous (by playing the same note) maybe you can try to make it more melodic along the song.

one last thing, because the vocals are really like some army song maybe a good snare hitting at the end of the 4/4 beat while emphasize the style.

keep up,

David Perello
David Perello is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #26
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Perello View Post
Hello Stercogburn,

Im talking about the song in your signature

the opening synth is amazing I felt really sad that it was so short use of it at the beginning.

the vocals gives a nice 90\80th song style but it could be better with a little less reverb.

the bassline feels a little bit monotonous (by playing the same note) maybe you can try to make it more melodic along the song.

one last thing, because the vocals are really like some army song maybe a good snare hitting at the end of the 4/4 beat while emphasize the style.

keep up,

David Perello
Just wondering: Did you actually read what this thread is about?

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #27
David Perello
Learning The Ropes
David Perello is currently spamming hard

Yep got it...my bad.

And yes its a great idea!
David Perello is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #28
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35996296

Maybe in 2014, this 'Roo Recommends..' could turn into a podcast/radio show. I understand the investment in time that would be, but it would be nice to see these type of LB features reignite the idmf radio/podcasts. Just thinking out loud. Thanks for the track highlight, Roo.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #29
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyspoon View Post
Maybe in 2014, this 'Roo Recommends..' could turn into a podcast/radio show. I understand the investment in time that would be, but it would be nice to see these type of LB features reignite the idmf radio/podcasts. Just thinking out loud. Thanks for the track highlight, Roo.
That would be pretty fun. Especially if the featured IDMf artists were willing to do interviews and give us some insights into the creation of the featured tracks Even without that it would be a pretty cool idea though

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #30
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback

Podcast and interviews would be a cool idea

I'm trying to resist responding on here unless I've done an update, so that people subscribed to the thread know if they get an alert that there's new cool things unearthed from the LB. We'll see how that pans out over time

Anyway, updated with another threesome. I've listened to these tracks rather a lot today

------------------
Old 08-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #31
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163691
Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,047 Posts

Thanks for the recommend, also lemme subscribe to this thread by this post. Thanks mayn.

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #32
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

DO it...you know you want to Roo......

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #33
SubVersion
Minor Glitch
SubVersion is a jewel in the roughSubVersion is a jewel in the roughSubVersion is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Good stuff. Nice to see you somewhere else than Subvert Roo (this is Muttley speaking). I'll subscribe.
SubVersion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #34
Quixy
Learning The Ropes
Quixy is currently spamming hard
Arukula, Harjumaa, Estonia

Quite good music
Quixy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Pilvelõhkujad
Old 24-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #35
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyspoon View Post
I think this would be really cool. I have enjoyed many of the recommendations. I honestly would have missed many of them if this did not exist!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: https://soundcloud.com/ryan-price-29/reload-sebastian-ingrosso
Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #36
Akiak
Sample Destroyer
Akiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to behold
Napoli
MC Status: 960

I'm kind of late here apparently, but these are some really nice tracks! The one by Focalized was great.

edit: I was thinking of making a thread where everyone can post obscure Soundcloud tracks from unknown users, since I have quite a few faves with barely any listens. Dunno if that would be acceptable though.
Akiak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #37
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Latest batch of recommendations posted

------------------
Old 14-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #38
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Updated with the latest batch of very nice finds. There's more stuff bubbling in the LB this week, I've not nearly been through it all and a lot more than what is posted here is really good. This stuff just tickled my ooooh-niice bone in one way or another.

------------------
Old 14-03-2014, 10:30 PM   #39
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163691
Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,047 Posts

Good stuff, Roo. Really beautiful tracks in one way or another.

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 03:46 AM   #40
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

I really like this thread, you have good taste so it's fun to see what you suggest.

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote