Picture of your studio (pt.2) - Page 101
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 13-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #2001
Critical
Granular Poster
Critical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond repute
Redditch
MC Status: 2010
Re: Picture of your studio (pt.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Man, the bullshit some of these companies come up with..

"IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R Series speaker stands are built with a unique, patented isolation technology that allows your speakers to “float” in free space, letting you hear authentic, uncoloured sound."

They're not fecking floating in free space..they're resting on the stands, which look like they have shock absorbers build into the legs. If they were floating in free space then the speakers would be levitating, which they're not.

I'm sure they're great stands and all that..I'm not doubting that..just saying their marketing spiel is a little misleading.

A.M!!!
Whilst I respect your pessimism and unwillingness to belive that they are in fact floating in free space I ask that you look again closely and you will note there is infact a small chunk of the cosmos between my stand and the monitor....

Please note this was not a crude photo hacked together whilst hiding from management and is Purley a lighting issue.

Last edited by Critical; 13-11-2017 at 09:30 PM..

Advertisements

Critical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #2002
Dr. Sleaze
Microknight
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not who or where you think I am.
MC Status: 4010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
Finally got my setup how I like it. Just need some art for the wall.

Seeing the order of pictures, just made me think............
Sorry Guys. Couldn't help it. Looks great though.
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 02:39 PM   #2003
Critical
Granular Poster
Critical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond reputeCritical has a reputation beyond repute
Redditch
MC Status: 2010

brilliant
Critical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Critical
Dr. Sleaze (13-11-2017)
Old 13-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #2004
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184160
Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
A.M!!!
Whilst I respect your pessimism and unwillingness to belive that they are in fact floating in free space I ask that you look again closely and you will note there is infact a small chunk of the cosmos between my stand and the monitor....

Please note this was not a crude photo hacked together whilst hiding from management and is Purley a lighting issue.

Nice one..and I'm not even going ask what's cooking in that vape in the foreground.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
st3aLth (16-11-2017)
Old 19-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #2005
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943731
Thanked 5,711 Times in 3,598 Posts

Welp I'm in the process of building my room treatment now and thought I'd post some WIP pics for you guys.

Went with a nice navy blue color

and my WIP desk. I'm taking the placement seriously, so keep in mind this isn't anywhere near the final configuration.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #2006
soundmodel
Microknight
soundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant future
Finland
MC Status: 1810

Finally have something that I'm very confident working with. I've always had a lot of constraints in my setup that I didn't like. First it was that I was only using Reason (since 1.0) and not having VSTs. Then when I got VSTs it was that I didn't know for a while how to make music, when one has so many tools at one's disposal. Then it was that VSTs were too clinical sounding so I wanted some outboard to make warmer sounds. Then it was that there weren't VSTs for the "esoteric" stuff that I wanted so I wanted to start using Kyma, Csound and stuff. Not implying that good music can't be made e.g. with Sound Forge only, but "to be confident" with one's setup serves as a lot of psychology in order to allow one to make music without other things burdening one's mind.

This setup is really comfortable. Using mainly headphones, but occasionally it's nice to listen from speakers, even though the room is untreated. These single-element Fostex speakers actually sound very balanced even in an untreated space.

Finally I feel like I'm free to do whatever I want musically. And this setup is still really compact, because it's still mostly ITB. I've been really picky about picking only the stuff that I need and nothing extra. As well as putting money into stuff that I believe has timeless value.

I could still be entirely ITB, but the extra OTB is just added luxury.

Last edited by soundmodel; 02-12-2017 at 10:45 AM..

------------------
soundmodel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to soundmodel
relic (01-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #2007
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541180
Thanked 7,005 Times in 4,978 Posts

Not really different, but I cleaned!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #2008
Schnork
Deep Underground
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 14310

Looks nice!

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Schnork
relic (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #2009
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleaze View Post
Seeing the order of pictures, just made me think............
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Sorry Guys. Couldn't help it. Looks great though.
Just noticed if you scroll up and/or down at a certain speed, this actually looks like Picard and Riker..speaking of which..

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Numerical (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #2010
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943731
Thanked 5,711 Times in 3,598 Posts

Got about 1/3 of the room treatment up at this point. I bought more framing panels today and I'm going to try and get two corner traps up this afternoon.

Sorry for the spammy posts guys, i'm just a lil' excited.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #2011
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Got about 1/3 of the room treatment up at this point. I bought more framing panels today and I'm going to try and get two corner traps up this afternoon.

Sorry for the spammy posts guys, i'm just a lil' excited.
Not spammy at all, Mike..that's what this thread is for, isn't it?

Looking good there, dude..nice.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Numerical (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #2012
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
Looks nice!
Thanks! My little corner of joy

------------------
Old 02-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #2013
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Thanks! My little corner of joy
All tarted up just in time for Christmas..resplendent with party lights, too!

Just wondering..do you ever kick back with friends and tweak things in there..or is it just you alone?

------------------
Old 02-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #2014
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
All tarted up just in time for Christmas..resplendent with party lights, too!

Just wondering..do you ever kick back with friends and tweak things in there..or is it just you alone?
I actually have a guest over this weekend and we are doing a little work. More just hanging out but making some noise etc. Unfortunately its rarity. If I could sort some latency issue my one buddy would probably come over and record some guitar and mountain dulcimer. But when we have tried before it was a huge pita. Just need to find the time to learn how to track down and fix it.

No studio is complete w/o some party lights!

------------------
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM   #2015
Schnork
Deep Underground
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC

------------------
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #2016
Sound--
Minor Glitch
Sound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260

Wow, looks like you could blast off into space with that set up!
Sound-- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #2017
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound-- View Post
Wow, looks like you could blast off into space with that set up!
Schnork is obviously joking..either that or won the Euro Millions Lottery.

That picture is from the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
over on the Arturia website.

Mind you, that's one setup I wouldn't mind having myself.

------------------
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM   #2018
Schnork
Deep Underground

I just found it funny how that Macbook with the software Easel looks like it's emiting deadly alien radiation

Also, if you like those kind of pseudo-untidy studio spaces with hella expensive hardware and randomly placed cool cheap toys - forget Ableton ads, forget Propellerheads' ads - Arturia is teh shit!

------------------
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #2019
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
I just found it funny how that Macbook with the software Easel looks like it's emiting deadly alien radiation

Also, if you like those kind of pseudo-untidy studio spaces with hella expensive hardware and randomly placed cool cheap toys - forget Ableton ads, forget Propellerheads' ads - Arturia is teh shit!

Yeah..have to agree with you there. Past experiences with them have totally turned me off their hardware..even trying it..but I still thing their analog software kicks ass and sounds amazingly like the real thing in most cases.

Advertisements

------------------