**ANNOUNCING** IDMf039 VA - Sounds for Skeletons - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #41
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269465908
Thanked 2,846 Times in 1,884 Posts
Re: **ANNOUNCING** IDMf039 VA - Sounds for Skeletons

Am I still on time to submit a track?

Cheeky bump.

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks
Thanks to Automageddon
PROton42 (06-04-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #42
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertia View Post

His name is Bob - I named him that in honour of the late Bob Moog because I'm such a nerd

My sisters friends 'rescued' him from some heroin addicts when he was about 7 weeks old (scummy fucks were mistreating him ) and my previous Staffy had died aged 13 about 6 weeks earlier, so I took him in. He's just gone 3 years old now and a true mans best friend.

He makes such crazy noises too - People who hear him are convinced he's trying to talk!!! I'm going to make a sample pack up as soon as I can get a decent enough setup to record him. I've grabbed a few bits which I used for my ambient submission for the now defunct beat tapes but I think his sound pallet is varied enough to spend a bit more time on it.

Anyway, I'm massively humbled by my inclusion in this release. What I've seen & heard so far is such high quality and the video is exactly my sort of thing. Huge thanks to everyone involved. I'll do whatever I can for promotion.

I do have a question regarding promotion - Are we good to just give out the mp3's or is the main aim to generate traffic to the site?? The reason I ask is because I gave the BT003 release to a couple of mates who don't have net access as such but they then passed it on to loads of others who I had sent messages too to download it. I spoke to a few people who have said they loved the release but they didn't get it from the site!!! Most people these days have memory sticks on them and I've seen it happen plenty of times (whats this?? can I have a copy....etc) but I found it really hard to get people to download it. I was pretty pissed about it to be honest but happy that the music was getting listened to. To be fair to them though, they thought they were helping and I had told them that the release was free.

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Grain Bastard
Nyul (06-04-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #43
Benwaa

Thus release isn't out yet, and when it is directing people to the download from us is primary but if its passed around in other ways too that awesome too! It's all free and the more it's out there with the idmf name on it all the better for us all and the netlabel too
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
Grain Bastard (05-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #44
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

@Grain Bastard: Do you always name your tracks P then a number? Your bt003 sub was P386 and this is P411 I think yes?

They seem to be going in sequential order. Have you really been carrying on this way through 411 pieces of music?

I'd like to hear P001 if so.
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #45
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
@Grain Bastard: Do you always name your tracks P then a number? Your bt003 sub was P386 and this is P411 I think yes?

They seem to be going in sequential order. Have you really been carrying on this way through 411 pieces of music?

I'd like to hear P001 if so.
I'm upto P430 at the moment!! So yeah, kind of

I started a while back with the convention as I had planned to release something called 'Pieces' which would be made up of numbered pieces of music and its got a bit out of control

It doesn't go back to P001 though as I was naming differently back then and some gaps are present as the odd one didn't get finished but I think I have about 80 or so tracks to choose from for 'Pieces' so far.

The last project I did was called 'Basic Program' which the track titles you could type into a computer running BASIC and it would run - track 1 was called '10 CLS' for example but all i have done is finished the music and not released it to anywhere but a few mates!!! I spend all of my spare time making music but very little in packaging it, promoting it etc. i wanted to do a proper physical release with some artwork etc but still havent got round to finishing it off. Now my next one should have been finished but confidence and time are things i have in very limited amounts, so it sits on the HD with all the others.

Hopefully someday a label might hear a track of mine and say 'i like this, have you got anymore?' And I can say, 'about 300....' Lol

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Sorry for OT.

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Grain Bastard
RFJ (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #46
Benwaa

^^its not too OT when you mention you have all that unreleased music, how's about you out a few together and send it over as a demo submission for the label? Not all 80 or 300 though my where between 6 and 12
  Thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #47
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667

Curious, what more has to be done over the month to release it? More mastering to get every track balanced? Or something else?

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #48
Benwaa

Promo promo promo, getting blogs and critics to listen and hopefully review it before release. And yup (although finished now) more mastering as I specifically mastered the tracks for Internet video streaming for the vid, so I needed to do them all again for a higher quality release with slightly less dynamic than with the vid.
  Thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #49
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667

Excelent.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks
Old 14-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #50
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010

This one month thingie is more like torturing everybody ><

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks
Old 22-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #51
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

Oh hey look, it's closer to being that day.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Thanks to bbb
Trusty Steed (22-04-2013)
Old 27-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #52
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Just around the corner this is.

Obviously, I'm excited.

RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 27-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #53
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

my emotions
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks
Old 28-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #54
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35996396

I am pretty damn excited to see this happening soon.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks
Old 29-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #55
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010

So euh... can we expect this tomorrow night? c:

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks
Old 30-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #56
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

wtf why did i miss this?
damn man.

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks
Old 30-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #57
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

Cuz you went afk for a while with RL stuff?
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 30-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #58
Benwaa

very soooon!

Advertisements

Thanks
Closed Thread