**ANNOUNCING** IDMf038 - Change the noise **OUT NOW** - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #41
Benwaa
Re: **ANNOUNCING** IDMf038 - Change the noise **OUT NOW**

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatTheFood View Post
Twitter and Facebook for me. I think it reached more people on Twitter than Facebook on my side.
Concerning blogs, do anyone of you have a list of blogs or so? I know a few blogs but really not much.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
EatTheFood (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #42
Kognitive Kroer
Kognitive Kroer is a jewel in the roughKognitive Kroer is a jewel in the roughKognitive Kroer is a jewel in the rough
Aalborg
MC Status: 260

Facebook and just reposted it on Soundcloud - which gave me time to listen to the whole thing again, and damn, it's so coherent! Sounds like a mix! Guess it's because the same samples were used, but I see now why you would label them part 1 through 6!
Kognitive Kroer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kognitive Kroer
scyn (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #43
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

Holy fuck. This release is sick. The first track is so god damn dark, minimal and bleak, the bass work is massive.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #44
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

why does the idmf netlabel background look like vaginas?

------------------
Quote:
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #45
Divercity
Red Gains signifies POWER
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC
MC Status: 109299477

HODAAAAMMMNNNN This is SIck.

I knew the caliper of this would be through the roof. Well done Guys!

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Divercity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #46
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divercity View Post
I knew the caliper of this would be through the roof.
IDMf038: So badass you can actually measure the awesome.

scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #47
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
Out of interest, how many of you have posted about this on your Facebook or twitter or other social networks?
I'm not on Facebook but my wife and my best friend are and they did it for me. Most everyone I know in real life isn't into electronic music so don't know how effective it'll be.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #48
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Quote:
I'm not on Facebook but my wife and my best friend are and they did it for me. Most everyone I know in real life isn't into electronic music so don't know how effective it'll be.
Got kind of the same problem. But Twitter works out pretty well

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #49
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184410
Thanked 3,688 Times in 2,749 Posts

Stupid as it may sound to some..I don't use any of the networking sites..just old-fashioned word-or-mouth and email..which I started doing right away, as soon as I bought the album.
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #50
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

Congrats to all of you, This should be an interesting release!

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #51
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123

Had a good listen to this, some cool stuff on this.. 1 and 4 were my personal favorites

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #52
Morpion
Morpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MC
Newcastle upon Tyne
MC Status: 2750247

What a day I've had - somehow a guy from The Guardian heard the EP and contacted Benwaa to ask if they could use my track on their Tech Weekly podcast - I've been chatting to them and it's going ahead. I'm guessing it'll be background music for a section of the podcast but they're going to play an uninterrupted, clean 30 second section of it, mention me by name and link to my SoundCloud page and iTunes single on their blog. They have 100,000 listeners every week!!! It's the frickin' Guardian!!! I still can't quite believe it!

This is such a massive break for me in what's already been a pretty good year so far (a designer got in touch with me through Soundcloud last month to ask if he [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: , then I get on this EP, then this happens!). I've got to say thank you so much once again for running this competition and for all the releases in the past - I'd never had the chance for this exposure if it wasn't for these forums, even if I'm not really all that active in them these days. I'm not expecting this to be my big break or anything, but if I make a decent amount of money from iTunes sales thanks to this I'll definitely donate some back to the forum.

Also, I've got a preview of a new track to stick in the Listening Booth so I'm going to head over there now...

:cheers:

------------------
Morpion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #53
Benwaa

Can I ask are they linking to the forum? The label? The release etc too?
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #54
Kognitive Kroer
Kognitive Kroer is a jewel in the roughKognitive Kroer is a jewel in the roughKognitive Kroer is a jewel in the rough
Aalborg

Whaaaaat, congratulations Morpion, that is fucking HUGE!!! And well deserved too - defintely think it's the most atmospheric of the tracks!
Thanks to Kognitive Kroer
Morpion (06-02-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #55
Morpion
Morpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MCMorpion is a savage MC
Newcastle upon Tyne
MC Status: 2750247

Thanks man - it is a bit crazy. I realised last night that even if only 1% of their listeners download the Change The Noise EP because of the publicity, that's 1000 downloads which probably wouldn't have happened otherwise!

It would be great for me if that holds true to my track on iTunes, too. I might be able to justify buying myself an Ableton Push if a few thousand people buy it; not that I think there's much chance of that happening, but I can dream! :-)

------------------
Morpion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #56
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik
MC Status: 1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpion View Post
What a day I've had - somehow a guy from The Guardian heard the EP and contacted Benwaa to ask if they could use my track on their Tech Weekly podcast - I've been chatting to them and it's going ahead. I'm guessing it'll be background music for a section of the podcast but they're going to play an uninterrupted, clean 30 second section of it, mention me by name and link to my SoundCloud page and iTunes single on their blog. They have 100,000 listeners every week!!! It's the frickin' Guardian!!! I still can't quite believe it!

This is such a massive break for me in what's already been a pretty good year so far (a designer got in touch with me through Soundcloud last month to ask if he [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: , then I get on this EP, then this happens!). I've got to say thank you so much once again for running this competition and for all the releases in the past - I'd never had the chance for this exposure if it wasn't for these forums, even if I'm not really all that active in them these days. I'm not expecting this to be my big break or anything, but if I make a decent amount of money from iTunes sales thanks to this I'll definitely donate some back to the forum.

Also, I've got a preview of a new track to stick in the Listening Booth so I'm going to head over there now...

:cheers:
Congratulations dude!

edit: I'm a little curious about how the EP reached someone from the Guardian though?

------------------
leftfoot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #57
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184410
Thanked 3,688 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfoot View Post
Congratulations dude!

edit: I'm a little curious about how the EP reached someone from the Guardian though?
With the membership base here, you never really know who you are talking to.
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #58
Benwaa

Change the noise specil on my show tonight!! tune in, let people know and so on!! and without the "I won't post stuff to facebook cos it annoys people" well Duh! that's what facebook is for!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #59
Kognitive Kroer
Aalborg

Shared like a mo'fo! And damn dude, your beard is HUGE!!! Like majestic huge!!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #60
Kognitive Kroer
Aalborg

And btw - do I get an IDMf artist tag as well? Or is it me who has to do something? Or was it because I finished last I don't have one?
I wanna look rad like the rest of the guys!
- I'll even promise to wear a beret and grow a moustache if you let me be an artist! And I already bought the wine!

Advertisements