[27/11/12 UPDATE] IDMf Beat Tapes [General Info, Discussions and News Updates] - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 15-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #41
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Re: [*BIG UPDATE INSIDE*] IDMf Beat Tapes [General Info, Discussions and News Updates

Someone said Groove Armada?

Don't get much better than that, gotta listen to the entire thing though for full "holy shit this track is superb" effect.

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 23-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #42
SpinVector
Soundscaper
SpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MC
melbs
MC Status: 6892084
Re: [*BIG UPDATE INSIDE*] IDMf Beat Tapes [General Info, Discussions and News Updates

Groove armada, few things more perfect for a relaxing springtime evening in Australia.

I've been checking for news of this thread daily Any updates for us guys? Is there anything I can help with?
SpinVector is offline   Thanks
Old 27-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #43
radiowaves
Savage Mad Cunt
radiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MC
MC Status: 24505865

Just read the dubstep compilation info. Has the artists with compressed tracks been notified? Not because of the possibility of correcting things, but because the possibility of knowing and getting better at things.

------------------
radiowaves is offline   Thanks
Old 28-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #44
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts
Re: [27/11/12 UPDATE] IDMf Beat Tapes [General Info, Discussions and News Updates]

I think that as a general rule
the beattapes shouldn't be active when the main netlabel has a competition/ compilation going on

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #45
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193
Re: [27/11/12 UPDATE] IDMf Beat Tapes [General Info, Discussions and News Updates]

I actually had an idea just now. May be completely off but with the cool factor of working on the Change the Noise comp, the varying styles from members here and also the future releases on the beat tapes, I was thinking an open genre comp would be awesome. But extending the idea further...

Simply put, we do similar rules to the Change the Noise competition but instead of it just being some field recordings or samples from members, it turns into a 2-stage competition.

(I'm not sure of the limitations of cloud sharing)

The first stage is for a month everyone makes samples for the project. Make whatever you want, a drum loop, mix two hits together for a new drum sample, make a bassline, extend it to a lead melody or just some ambient noise. At least keep the same root key, everything build from that, something to keep synths in tune, hell might be something to work on, figure out if everything was different keys. Not sure how that works. Repitch, whatever.

If we all upload to a folder on some free cloud software, we can all pool from it. Add 2nd mixes, reeffecting, etc. Of course, even if we had to DL the pack afterwards because of whatever, that'd be awesome too. If nothing else we make an IDMf sample pack!

If it worked, I think it'd be a fun way to involve the community. We don't have to build a perfect track, beat someone else, we can focus on a certain sound, pattern, effect that really makes us feel awesome when we hit it.

As to the limitations for the submissions, the same mix -db but you can only use the samples the community helped to build.

Then everyone interested creates their versions, whatever genre, whatever effects. Seems like it could be awesome!

Last edited by bbb; 01-12-2012 at 06:18 AM..

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #46
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx3 View Post
I actually had an idea just now. May be completely off but with the cool factor of working on the Change the Noise comp, the varying styles from members here and also the future releases on the beat tapes, I was thinking an open genre comp would be awesome. But extending the idea further...

Simply put, we do similar rules to the Change the Noise competition but instead of it just being some field recordings or samples from members, it turns into a 2-stage competition.

(I'm not sure of the limitations of cloud sharing)

The first stage is for a month everyone makes samples for the project. Make whatever you want, a drum loop, mix two hits together for a new drum sample, make a bassline, extend it to a lead melody or just some ambient noise. At least keep the same root key, everything build from that, something to keep synths in tune, hell might be something to work on, figure out if everything was different keys. Not sure how that works. Repitch, whatever.

If we all upload to a folder on some free cloud software, we can all pool from it. Add 2nd mixes, reeffecting, etc. Of course, even if we had to DL the pack afterwards because of whatever, that'd be awesome too. If nothing else we make an IDMf sample pack!

If it worked, I think it'd be a fun way to involve the community. We don't have to build a perfect track, beat someone else, we can focus on a certain sound, pattern, effect that really makes us feel awesome when we hit it.

As to the limitations for the submissions, the same mix -db but you can only use the samples the community helped to build.

Then everyone interested creates their versions, whatever genre, whatever effects. Seems like it could be awesome!
so basically a beattape consisting of collabs

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #47
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX

Maybe...

But we as a community build the samples that are used in the first period. And the people involved in the sample making, don't have to also be apart of the track making. It's just for us to all throw a bunch of samples into a pool and make a track.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #48
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Quote:
Maybe...

But we as a community build the samples that are used in the first period. And the people involved in the sample making, don't have to also be apart of the track making. It's just for us to all throw a bunch of samples into a pool and make a track.
Would we have to make samples in order to compete?

Edit: I mean I could, just curious.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #49
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

No, it's basically build a sample pack during the time period, those interested in creating a track from it, build a track.

It wouldn't have to be anything serious, the 2nd part of building a track could be entirely seperate from the first.

Possibly just have a lets make samples project, or go out and record field recordings. If that went well have a submissions process for tracks made from the random samples used. when and if it were popular enough.

Blah bnlah blah...Seems like it could be fun, at either level.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #50
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Anything that encourages working with audio would be fun so, yeah, I like this idea.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #51
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184160
Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
No, it's basically build a sample pack during the time period, those interested in creating a track from it, build a track.

It wouldn't have to be anything serious, the 2nd part of building a track could be entirely seperate from the first.

Possibly just have a lets make samples project, or go out and record field recordings. If that went well have a submissions process for tracks made from the random samples used. when and if it were popular enough.

Blah bnlah blah...Seems like it could be fun, at either level.
Yeah..certainly sounds like a fun thing to do. I'll be up for it.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #52
ndwella
Soundwave Mangler
ndwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant future
burger king isles
MC Status: 1910

that actually sounds like a really cool idea, even though my sample creation/manipulation skills are rather weak

i'll be up for it too anyways

------------------
ndwella is offline   Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #53
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Yea, that surely got my vote Bx3

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #54
Benwaa

There will be an announcement regarding the closing of this thread soon. please stay patient
  Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #55
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto
MC Status: 4175236

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread