IDMf037: μ-metik - Paths **OUT NOW** - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #21
MKoussa
-_\\\
MKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MC
Kansas City
MC Status: 62780155
Re: IDMf037: μ-metik - Paths **OUT NOW**

This makes me feel stuff. I can't even explain it. I've just been captivated for the entire thing. I usually skim through stuff but I can't NOT listen to this from start to finish.

There are addictive drugs laced in this.

You've been warned.

Advertisements

------------------
Out Now! Free Download

http://www.MKoussa.com/
MKoussa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MKoussa
unknown__artist (10-11-2012)
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg
MC Status: 22144205

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKoussa View Post
There are addictive drugs laced in this.
Oh snap! You discovered my secret! Now I have to... I have to... Well, I'll think about it...

------------------
My Ep "I Am A Dead Man" is out on Xylem Records

Departure (Bonus Track) Video
Soundcloud: μ-metik
Facebook: μ-metik
Twitter:μ-metik
unknown__artist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

I've been listening to this quite often, last night I had some paper work and this must have repeated through some 6 odd times.

This is a fantastic deep release. The combination of sounds from the barely discernable vocals, to the squelchy, washy creaking field manipulations, warm minimal synth work, deepened bass and surprise traditional instrumentation make this an amazing journey.

This is slowly becoming my favorite release of 2012. It is a truly masterful, evocative sonic work, and the culmination of effort shown by the people involved has undisputedly brought forth a thoroughly enjoyable package

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #24
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Yeah I love how fitting all the edited & manipulated field recordings are - at times they begin to feel like actual instruments. For some reason I had a picture of you as a jeweler, looking at his work under a microscope and making intricate changes to the stones and metals which, when viewed as a whole, create a really great piece.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #25
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton64 View Post
I've been listening to this quite often, last night I had some paper work and this must have repeated through some 6 odd times.

This is a fantastic deep release. The combination of sounds from the barely discernable vocals, to the squelchy, washy creaking field manipulations, warm minimal synth work, deepened bass and surprise traditional instrumentation make this an amazing journey.

This is slowly becoming my favorite release of 2012. It is a truly masterful, evocative sonic work, and the culmination of effort shown by the people involved has undisputedly brought forth a thoroughly enjoyable package
Thanks man, I'm glad you are enjoying this. I really see it as a communal effort, and it's basically a distillate of many things I have learned here. I have to be honest, I was surprised to how professional this looks and sounds: I could have never imagined I could have taken part in something like this, if you had asked me last year. Never say never, indeed...

------------------

Old 10-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #26
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
Yeah I love how fitting all the edited & manipulated field recordings are - at times they begin to feel like actual instruments. For some reason I had a picture of you as a jeweler, looking at his work under a microscope and making intricate changes to the stones and metals which, when viewed as a whole, create a really great piece.
To be seen has an artisan is a great compliment to me. And the microscope is a good way of framing my obsession with little details, trying to fit them, not always successfully, in the grand scheme of things...

------------------

Old 11-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #27
Wecomefromcaves
Granular Poster
Wecomefromcaves will become famous soon enough
Edmonton, Alberta
MC Status: 60

Hey man, props to you. I am new to this forum and just starting to get the wheels turning here, trying to connect myself with as many like-minded individuals as possible. This release speaks to me. What are some of your inspirations behind this project? What have you been listening to lately?

------------------
Wecomefromcaves is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #28
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wecomefromcaves View Post
Hey man, props to you. I am new to this forum and just starting to get the wheels turning here, trying to connect myself with as many like-minded individuals as possible. This release speaks to me. What are some of your inspirations behind this project? What have you been listening to lately?
Thanks for the comment, man. What have I been listening? From Apparat to GY!BE, lots of Plaid, Nathan Fake, Monolake, trains and subways sounds, things like this, more or less. If you want to know more, check this out

------------------

Old 20-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #29
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Finally got some time to give it a listen.
And I have to say that this is awesome, really! Love the overall mood in the album and got a little preference for Juliette's Whispers, mainly because of the vocals I guess.

Nice job on the whole album. Never actually heard anything like it, in a positive way

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #30
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatTheFood View Post
Nice job on the whole album. Never actually heard anything like it, in a positive way
Well, thanks man!

------------------

Old 28-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #31
apistat
Granular Poster
apistat has a spectacular aura aboutapistat has a spectacular aura aboutapistat has a spectacular aura about
London
MC Status: 210

Juliette's Whispers just blew my mind. When those glitchy drums hit in around 4.10... and then disappear again almost as soon as they started... just beautiful!

EDIT: I was listening again today whilst walking outside and I was convinced that the voices on Path 1 were children behind me. It's things like that that really make ambient music for me. Great job.

Last edited by apistat; 28-11-2012 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: add info without posting again
apistat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: %u03BC-metik
Old 28-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
felhound275
Regular Freak
felhound275 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Just want to add to long list of admirers: Great job! Specifically my favorite part was the samples on Path 2 at right around the half way point. Long Path Towards Autonomy was a terrific title for the piece.
felhound275 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #33
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by apistat View Post
Juliette's Whispers just blew my mind. When those glitchy drums hit in around 4.10... and then disappear again almost as soon as they started... just beautiful!

EDIT: I was listening again today whilst walking outside and I was convinced that the voices on Path 1 were children behind me. It's things like that that really make ambient music for me. Great job.
Cheers, man.

------------------

Old 29-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #34
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by felhound275 View Post
Just want to add to long list of admirers: Great job! Specifically my favorite part was the samples on Path 2 at right around the half way point. Long Path Towards Autonomy was a terrific title for the piece.
Thanks!

------------------

Old 29-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #35
Benwaa

hehe since you haven't yet, unknown... i will

absolutely stunning review of this album over on netlabelism.com
well worth the read [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Benwaa; 30-11-2012 at 04:41 PM..
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
hehe since you haven't yet, unknown... i will

absolutely stunning review of this album over on netlabelism.com
well worth the read netlabelism.com/μ%E2%80%8B-%E2%80%8Bmetik-paths-idmf037

------------------

Old 17-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #37
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Jeez man Juliette's whispers is an awesome track. I'd forgotten about it & it came on shuffle and I completely g9$£*T{:L>?£DGS($ on it .
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #38
Breakmagos
Learning The Ropes
Breakmagos will become famous soon enough
York
MC Status: 60

Really enjoyed this album. Beautiful sounds and interesting glitches with a nice warm atmosphere. Good record for reading to, falling asleep to and sticking on first thing in the morning. Great work.
Breakmagos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #39
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

Lovely album, i can listen to this kind of music all day long.. in fact ive done that quite a couple times before
Its mostly quite relaxing and the piano, electronic and glitchy elements sit together quite comfortably without ever really sounding disjointed.
twilitez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #40
velqn
Microknight
velqn has a spectacular aura aboutvelqn has a spectacular aura aboutvelqn has a spectacular aura about
Sofia
MC Status: 210

Awesome release indeed! Just wanted to say that μ-metik - Paths made me join the forum. The music in the set is versatile, evolving, deep, atmospheric and touching.

It sounds perfect on speakers and makes a good dream companion to listen on headphones.

Advertisements

velqn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to velqn
PROton42 (28-03-2013)