ChangetheNoise | IDMf Production Competition now closed!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 10-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389822156
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,423 Posts
ChangetheNoise | IDMf Production Competition now closed!

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

It's time to hear the music that's all around you in our first ever samples-based production competition. Featuring a bunch of awesome prizes and an EP release on the IDMf netlabel comprised of the top tracks, we hope you'll get involved, experiment and explore new aural avenues!

Code:
Audio Damage: FSU & Studio Bundle
FabFiler: Pro Bundle
U-he: Your choice of any product in the U-he catalogue
CloudKillers: 1500 points + PRO account
The 'Competition Winner' IDMf tag

Code:
Audio Damage: Your choice of any 2 VST plugins
FabFilter: Fabfilter Pro-Q
CloudKillers: 500 points + PRO account

Code:
CloudKillers: 250 points + PRO account

Code:
Cloudkillers: 150 points toward your CloudKillers account

Code:
The winning submissions will be released on an EP via the IDMf Netlabel. That means promotion, mastering, artist tags and everything else that you've come to expect from an IDMf Netlabel release.

Code:
Only the samples in the sample-packs may be used to create your tracks. IOW - no other synths, samples, recordings or instruments!
You're free to use as many or as few of the samples as you choose.
You may do whatever you like to the samples, use whichever effects you like and use basic sampler functionality.
You cannot use the samples as a wavetable for a synth, or use them in granular synths.

The Sample Packs:
Menai Bridge Samples: http://www.mediafire.com/?5bd5l2mxluol7bi
Organic Adventures - Samples from the woods: http://www.mediafire.com/?23f1ljnakah5jf2

Code:

Competition closes on the 30th November 2012
Only one entry per person
Admin, mods and their families may not enter the comp.
Please submit your files as .WAV and here comes the important bit: Please ensure that your master channel is empty, & that you have at least -3dB headroom.
Please ensure at least -3dB headroom on your Master!
Please email submissions to idmfcompetitions@gmail.com or upload them somewhere and pm me the link. If you do upload - please use somewhere that's easy to access!
Name your files with your IDMf username and the track title.

Code:
A huge thank you to all the sponsors...Audio Damage, FabFilter, CloudKillers and U-he. Go check out their websites and support the people who make these awesome tools.
Thanks to Benwaa for the Menai Bridge samples & the idea for the comp (you too lolirl). See this track of Benwaa made entirely from the Menai Bridge samples.
More info on the Menai Bridge can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menai_Bridge
Thanks to Mischjok and FunkMasterBrown for the Organic Adventures sample pack. The original post can be found here.

I'd like to encourage everyone to take part in this comp, regardless of how long you've been making music. It's a great opportunity to branch out & try something new, to experiment and gain valuable experience as a producer / musician / sound tinkerer .

Last edited by scyn; 11-26-2012 at 07:26 AM..

Advertisements

scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
Re: ChangetheNoise | IDMf Production Competition now open!

Un-registered users: Copy & paste this URL into your browser to see the details:http://tinyurl.com/cdcosgk

Album Released!

Last edited by scyn; 02-04-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Thanks to scyn
Benwaa (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 7610

This looks really great! Going to give this a try for sure!

EDIT: I'm not sure that I understood the EP release part. Does it mean that all the winners are going to be featured on a compilation released on the netlabel?

Last edited by EatTheFood; 10-14-2012 at 03:17 PM..

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
scyn
/\/\/\

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatTheFood View Post
EDIT: I'm not sure that I understood the EP release part. Does it mean that all the winners are going to be featured on a compilation released on the netlabel?
Indeed! The winning submissions will be put onto an EP and released via the netlabel . IOW - the release & competition go hand-in-hand.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Benwaa
Benwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MC
Twll Dyn
MC Status: 275071197
Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,419 Posts

it was only miscock and FMB that gave you samples??

------------------

Benwaa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Daed
Daed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MC
Katy TX
MC Status: 389044

Already downloading the samples.

------------------
LISTEN TO THIS, YOU CUNT
---------------- New album on MOZYK Soundcloud ---------------
Daed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
Cracked World Foundation
Cracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 15135

Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
You cannot use the samples as a wavetable for a synth, or use them in granular synths.
For clarity, I assume this means that you can't use single cycle waveforms in a sampler either? But very short samples are fair game as long as you're not using them as an oscillator?

------------------
Cracked World Foundation is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Br/ainfu+ked
just another cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
holland tunnel
MC Status: 45925798

was wondering when this was going to pop up, i will be taking part

------------------
ep i made
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Well the whole no sleep part sounds terrible. Wishing you naps.
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Benwaa
Benwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MCBenwaa is a savage MC
Twll Dyn
MC Status: 275071197
Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracked World Foundation View Post
Sounds good!

For clarity, I assume this means that you can't use single cycle waveforms in a sampler either? But very short samples are fair game as long as you're not using them as an oscillator?

to be clear. you can only... ONLY use the samples to make the sounds. you CANNOT load them into a wavetable synth, use them as the oscillator for a synth or other plug-in etc.. whatever. the idea is to use the samples to create new sounds using ONLY the samples

so re-sample, resample, effect, re-sample some more. cut chop re-sample etc etc

------------------

Benwaa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
rKs
Learning The Ropes
rKs is on a distinguished road
Porto , Vila Nova de Gaia
MC Status: 10

So can we use effects like revebrs and delays and all that????
rKs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
Cracked World Foundation
Cracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MC
London

Cheers Benwaa, that's helpful. I use a lot of very short samples (in samplers, not as wavetables) when I do this sort of thing so wanted to check.

------------------
Old 10-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
Cracked World Foundation
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKs View Post
yes

------------------
Old 10-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
rKs
Learning The Ropes
rKs is on a distinguished road
Porto , Vila Nova de Gaia
MC Status: 10

Thank You !!!!
rKs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
Daed
Daed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MC
Katy TX

Quote:
Cheers Benwaa, that's helpful. I use a lot of very short samples (in samplers, not as wavetables) when I do this sort of thing so wanted to check.
Yeah, I was a little nervous, too. Even when NOT using samples as wavetables, I have a tendency of making things sound nothing like the original....

------------------
LISTEN TO THIS, YOU CUNT
Old 10-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
Cracked World Foundation
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daed View Post
Yeah, I was a little nervous, too. Even when NOT using samples as wavetables, I have a tendency of making things sound nothing like the original....
Yeah, that's half of the fun for me too

------------------
Old 10-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #16
scyn
/\/\/\

Quote:
Yeah I'm cool with the samples being loaded into something like Ableton's Simpler for example, for pitching and envelope adjustments and to trigger the samples via midi...just basic sampler tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rKs View Post
Very much so . Turn the samples into the most unrecognisable of sounds using whatever effects you want.

Last edited by scyn; 10-15-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #17
Daed
Katy TX

What about delayline-based (i.e. live input) granulators/pitchshifters such as argotlunar or Loomer Shift 2?

------------------
LISTEN TO THIS, YOU CUNT
Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #18
Br/ainfu+ked
just another cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
holland tunnel
MC Status: 45925798

im gonna timestech pitchshift the shit out of this also thank jeebus for spectral morphing

------------------
ep i made
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Well the whole no sleep part sounds terrible. Wishing you naps.
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #19
scyn
/\/\/\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daed View Post
What about delayline-based (i.e. live input) granulators/pitchshifters such as argotlunar or Loomer Shift 2?
I think for the sake of keeping things simple - yeah, sure - so long as it's an fx chain .
Thanks to scyn
Daed (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #20
Daed
Katy TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
I think for the sake of keeping things simple - yeah, sure - so long as it's an fx chain .
Okay. I'm officially on-board.

Advertisements

------------------
LISTEN TO THIS, YOU CUNT