Ambient/Soundscape - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

View Poll Results: Would you participate in an Ambient/Soundscape beat tape?
Sign me up! 25 96.15%
I'll pass.. 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #41
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 185210
Thanked 3,704 Times in 2,759 Posts
Re: Ambient/Soundscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
So the requirement is one ambient track.
When I feel that track is ready, where should I upload it?
Sorry for stupid question.
Not stupid at all, mate..ask anything at anytime!

At this point, don't worry about that..those details will be posted when it's the Ambient Soundscapes Beat Tape's turn..there are a couple of tapes/releases ahead of ours in the line at this time..so you don't need to worry about that stuff yet.

For the time being, just focus on coming up with an ambient soundscape track and making as good as you can. Like I said in the post above, we should take this chance to work on our tracks, as the more time we have the better..it gives us each the chance to really get into the track and tweak it until we are happy with it, so there is no pressure at this stage or deadline to worry about.

If you have already finished..or when you do finish..your track, just sit on it for now, until the submission details are posted here in this thread. And remember..DO NOT share it with ANYONE..or post it either on this forum or anywhere, including Soundcloud. The track you enter has to be a virgin..nobody should have gotten their hands on it before you enter it..OK?

Hope this helps explain things a bit better.

Last edited by A.M; 05-10-2012 at 07:01 PM..

Advertisements

A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #42
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8542130
Thanked 7,024 Times in 4,989 Posts

I'm def. going to work up a submission for this tape. There is going to be some serious competition, a lot of really great ambient producers on IDMfs.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #43
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I'm def. going to work up a submission for this tape. There is going to be some serious competition, a lot of really great ambient producers on IDMfs.
That's great, Relic..nice to have you in on this, mate!

By the way, do me a favor and click on the poll above..just so we can see at a glance who is in and who isn't..much easier to do a head count than going through posts here.

In the unlikely event you've got any questions, post here or PM me / Artifiseer and me/we will get back to you.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #44
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8542130
Thanked 7,024 Times in 4,989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
That's great, Relic..nice to have you in on this, mate!

By the way, do me a favor and click on the poll above..just so we can see at a glance who is in and who isn't..much easier to do a head count than going through posts here.

In the unlikely event you've got any questions, post here or PM me / Artifiseer and me/we will get back to you.
Right on. Probably not about submissions and such, but will probably hit up one or both of you for advice on the track at some point.

Voted!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #45
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Right on. Probably not about submissions and such, but will probably hit up one or both of you for advice on the track at some point.

Voted!
No worries, dude..will do what I can to help..and I have no doubt Artifiseer will, too.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 06-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #46
ckiiln
Digital Surfer
ckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MC
MC Status: 47379586

Quote:
Nice one, CK..wish I was the same..but these days my mind is all over the place..need to focus and get down to producing something worthwhile. Spending too much bloody time playing with soft synths and not enough time playing em, if you get my meaning.

Still, I've got the germ of an idea for a track in mind..just need to get it out into the DAW..and I'm still messing with sounds in my head to try and get the right sounds for the feel of the piece and how they will sit on the finished track.

Hoping to start actually playing some of it out for the first time this weekend..hopefully!
I hope things work out well, then!

I settled for making a version with an altered middle-section and some heavy percussion on the last part. I think I'll just keep the two for now, and have some days off.. And apart from that, I've got so much stuff loaded up in Live now that I can't even sneeze without it crashing on me.

------------------
Sleep Paralysis Therapy

ckiiln is offline   Thanks
Old 06-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #47
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiiln View Post
I hope things work out well, then!

I settled for making a version with an altered middle-section and some heavy percussion on the last part. I think I'll just keep the two for now, and have some days off.. And apart from that, I've got so much stuff loaded up in Live now that I can't even sneeze without it crashing on me.
Sounds like you're on a roll right now!

As for my hopes of actually doing something starting today..that went out the window just as soon as I started going through my samples. Spent all day weeding em down to those I want to rework and ended up with far too many. Still, I've got plenty of choice and there's no fear of me getting boxed in for the lack of stuff to work with.

My next step is to actually put my own mark on em for the track..once I've that out of the way, it should be plain sailing from then on.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #48
leftfoot
IDMf Artist
leftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant futureleftfoot has a brilliant future
Reykjavik
MC Status: 1662

Am I too late to join? I've been working on an ambient track and I would really like to join in on this.

------------------
leftfoot is offline   Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #49
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

Can i submit something 'old' ?
twilitez is offline   Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 03:08 AM   #50
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitez View Post
were not accepting public tracks
you can remix it if you want

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #51
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfoot View Post
Am I too late to join? I've been working on an ambient track and I would really like to join in on this.
No..LF..there's still plenty of time. The date for submitting your entry has not been posted yet, so just focus on producing a new track in the meantime and DON'T share it with anyone or load it up to ANY site online.

When the time comes, you will get instructions on how to submit it..so just focus on making the track as good as can be in the meantime.

Best of luck and welcome to the group!
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #52
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitez View Post
In short..NO.

Whatever track you enter must be a NEW ORIGINAL WORK..no remixes or remastered stuff allowed!

It mustn't have been shared with ANYONE either..or previously uploaded to ANY site online.

Don't worry..there is loads of time to get a track together..so don't sweat it. Somehow I don't think you'll have any problems turning out something good!
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #53
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
were not accepting public tracks
you can remix it if you want
Actually we are not accepting remixed stuff..all entries have to be new original stuff, produced for this and this alone. This shouldn't be a problem for anyone, if they get started now doing some work on a new track for this, as there is plenty of time.

Also, for anyone other than B/F reading this, just want to state again that the track you enter MUST NOT have been uploaded anywhere else online or shared/ previewed to anyone..either on this forum or elsewhere. The very first people other than yourself to hear the track in questions should be the judges when you submit it.

If, after submitting it, your track isn't one of the lucky ones to make it through, then you are free to do with it whatever you like..until then, keep it under wraps.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 AM   #54
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

how do people not read the stickied threads, fucking tunnel vision I swear....

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #55
A.M

[IMPORTANT REMINDER]

IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO ALREADY, PLEASE CLICK ON THE VOTE BUTTON FOR THE POLL AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE IF YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE PART IN THIS. WE ARE USING THIS FEATURE TO KEEP TRACK EVERYONE IN THIS.

Thanks
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #56
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen
MC Status: 1760

Quote:
Ah... Coldmeat Industries..there's a real "blast from the past" for me..haven't heard that label mentioned in a long time! Guess I've been hanging out with a different crowd or something.

Yeah, stuff like the above should be fine..as long as it is your own work and not remixed workings of other artists' tracks..basically your own stuff..which shouldn't be a problem for you, going by your work up on SC.
Yup, I am not a die hard fan of CMI stuff to be honest but I think they had some amazing artists or still have. Even if it gets old / boring to my ears to a certain point in time. I mostly have "waves" to what I listen too. Atm I mostly listen metal. But still industrial, dark ambient etc. I had a phase in this I mostly heard psytrance / progressive or 80ties wave or triphop etc. And so it goes. And my music moods also lead to how my own tracks may sound. I made some covers/mixes in the past but found it to be boring as I have enough unfinished own tracks to work on.

My main probs are time and finding "muse" - however IŽll look up if I have already started some track on my HD to use it for this ambient project or just begin a completely new one (which I wanted to avoid, cause I made a rule some time ago to first finish old tracks, which did not work though ).... IŽll send you a PM should I succeed in this.

------------------
http://www.last.fm/music/Alpha+Quadrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ohoLNTrrk
Apparently the world is an orchestra of assholes, and they're playing in concert. ( hellsicon )
AlphaQuadrant66 is offline   Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #57
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQuadrant66 View Post
Yup, I am not a die hard fan of CMI stuff to be honest but I think they had some amazing artists or still have. Even if it gets old / boring to my ears to a certain point in time. I mostly have "waves" to what I listen too. Atm I mostly listen metal. But still industrial, dark ambient etc. I had a phase in this I mostly heard psytrance / progressive or 80ties wave or triphop etc. And so it goes. And my music moods also lead to how my own tracks may sound. I made some covers/mixes in the past but found it to be boring as I have enough unfinished own tracks to work on.

My main probs are time and finding "muse" - however IŽll look up if I have already started some track on my HD to use it for this ambient project or just begin a completely new one (which I wanted to avoid, cause I made a rule some time ago to first finish old tracks, which did not work though ).... IŽll send you a PM should I succeed in this.
No worries..keep me updated how you are getting on and I will try my best to keep you focused if the Muse lets you down.

Regarding using old stuff..just have to mention for anyone reading this that you make sure any old stuff hasn't been shared before with anyone or reviewed over in the Listening Boot here..or anywhere else.

Just to be clear, when I or anyone else says "Re-mixes are not allowed"..we are talking about existing tracks or works of your own or others. That doesn't mean you can't use samples of your own old tracks, as long as they haven't been shared or posted/uploaded here or anywhere else.

In short, using samples of your own unshared work is no different from using samples in general..so feel free to chop or edit old unshared stuff if it fits in with what you are working on for this..AS LONG AS IT IS YOUR OWN WORK and not clips from a track belonging to somebody else.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #58
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen
MC Status: 1760

I meant "old" stuff that isnŽt even finished, so no one ever heard it except myself...... I have no older unpublished stuff anyway which is ambient. Mostly it was with some ooonz oonz oonzzz

------------------
http://www.last.fm/music/Alpha+Quadrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ohoLNTrrk
Apparently the world is an orchestra of assholes, and they're playing in concert. ( hellsicon )
AlphaQuadrant66 is offline   Thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #59
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQuadrant66 View Post
I meant "old" stuff that isnŽt even finished, so no one ever heard it except myself...... I have no older unpublished stuff anyway which is ambient. Mostly it was with some ooonz oonz oonzzz
No worries, then, dude..feel free to chop and mash it how you want..as long as any samples you used in the old ones..or ones you will use in this track are clean and clear to use copyright-wise..I know you know this stuff already, but I've got to keep mentioning it anyway..for everyone's benefit.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 AM   #60
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

Id love to participate.

Advertisements

twilitez is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread