**SUBMISSIONS CLOSED** IDMfBT001: Electronic Hip Hop/LA Beat Scene - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 22-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #41
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160
Re: **SUBMISSIONS OPEN** IDMfBT001: Electronic Hip Hop/LA Beat Scene

Just submitted it. Hope you got it

Advertisements

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 22-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #42
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto
MC Status: 4175236

sure did!
thanks for taking part

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 22-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #43
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282884
Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,755 Posts

WOOOOOOO

i knew you'd come through with the goods Chooko mate!

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks
Old 22-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #44
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC

btw EVERYONE READ THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW

if you havent submitted tracks with the appropriate headroom.... you wont get on the tape

NOTHING ON THE MASTER CHANNEL (that means nothing on the master channel)

when i come to listen to these i bet at least half of them break this rule

make sure you check again that you followed the submission guidelines if you want to be on this release

thanks

------------------
Old 23-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #45
Mired
Mired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MC
MC Status: 3575523

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
the end of August guys, seriously i know you've got the skills... you better fucking bring em because it would be a big shame if this release wasnt as good as it could be

anyone made any progress?

Whelp, I've been working on an album for a summer independent study for school, and I'm on my way to China on September 2nd, which has been eating up a lot of time...

But I'm almost done with two tracks that I hope will fit right in. I'll try to have them in by tonight or tomorrow.

------------------
Mired is offline   Thanks
Old 23-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #46
Mired
Mired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MCMired is a savage MC
MC Status: 3575523

Aaaaaand submitted. Let me know when you get 'em! I'd hoped to drop an interlude as well, but I bit off more than I could chew this summer.

------------------
Mired is offline   Thanks
Old 24-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #47
Denial
was once a goat
Denial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MC
whoa that's a lotta numbers
MC Status: 76730950

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post

when i come to listen to these i bet at least half of them break this rule
how exactly are you going to be able to tell if theres anything on the master channel just by listening to a track? just curious

also, just submitted a lil' interlude, a full track should be in this weekend. sorry about the big filesize, i'll probably need to settle for 24bit when i export the longer track.. this interlude is under a minute and nearly 20mb

------------------
Denial is offline   Thanks
Old 24-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #48
chooko
Soundscaper
chooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MC
Mid/Side Europe
MC Status: 142000

@Funkmaster
Glad to participate, this is really a nice thing.
I haven't been here for almost 2 months (first college duties, then holidays)
and now i see all these projects going on... (btw can't wait for the future garage project to start)

Quote:
how exactly are you going to be able to tell if theres anything on the master channel just by listening to a track? just curious
I guess people often times put EQs, compressors or limiters on their master channel because they are afraid that the song will sound 'lame' (not as awesome) to the person judging/mastering the mix (that's why it's very common to send 2 versions when sending tracks for mastering - one clean and one with desired effects)
A smiley-face EQ in order to smoothen the mix (very popular in hiphop music) it can be noticeable as well as compressors,
but unfortunately they are limiting the maneuvering space for the person doing the mastering

Last edited by chooko; 24-08-2012 at 12:44 PM..

------------------

chooko is offline   Thanks
Old 24-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #49
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541180
Thanked 7,005 Times in 4,978 Posts

Imma have to check the deadline...I'm in the process of tearing my studio down and rearranging things...and first week of school next week...

...no promises...but what the hell...missed the last Beat Battle even though I said I was in...UGH...fuck this responsible adult shit man...someone come mow my yard so I can make music

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 24-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #50
Denial
was once a goat
Denial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooko View Post
I guess people often times put EQs, compressors or limiters on their master channel because they are afraid that the song will sound 'lame' (not as awesome) to the person judging/mastering the mix
yeah i understand that, i just dont understand how someone listening to the track after it's been exported can actually PROVE there was anything on the master bus, if whoever exported it insists that the track sounds that way because of the mix-down or whatever

also, relic. FUCK YOUR YARD

------------------
Old 24-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #51
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

well loudness really, and dynamic range

------------------
Old 24-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #52
Denial
was once a goat

gotcha

------------------
Old 24-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #53
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Sometimes you can tell by just looking at the waveform you don't even need to press play really.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 26-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #54
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Sometimes you can tell by just looking at the waveform you don't even need to press play really.
i thought that too and messaged a few folks asking whether they followed the rules or not. they said they did and i downloaded the tracks and put em into ableton and looked at the master levels, they seemed under -3db. i think soundcloud just beefs up waves sometimes or something...

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 26-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #55
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128426

Submitted something. Is it okay if I submit another track before the deadline?
lebeux is offline   Thanks
Old 26-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #56
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

One track, one interlude. Done.

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 26-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #57
Kong
Toronto

lebeux, yes you can submit one more track and if you want, an interlude too.

it was nice to wake up to a bunch of new submissions, thanks guy, keep em coming!

now on another note, we need art and a title for this puppy, but more importantly art.
i forgot where benwaa mentioned running art for idmf035, anyone wanna remind me?

cheers!

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 26-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #58
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
lebeux, yes you can submit one more track and if you want, an interlude too.

it was nice to wake up to a bunch of new submissions, thanks guy, keep em coming!

now on another note, we need art and a title for this puppy, but more importantly art.
i forgot where benwaa mentioned running art for idmf035, anyone wanna remind me?

cheers!
he usually does the submissions for the artwork, in the idmf compilation threads... so lets copy that, you have my idea for the artwork , hopefully someone else will come up with something better.. as for the title we can be democratic or dictatorial, but honestly its just a name..

when you listen to an album do you think? holy shit that is such a good album name...I know I don't.

Last edited by Br/ainfu+ked; 26-08-2012 at 07:26 PM..

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 26-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #59
Ikuya
Granular Poster
Ikuya is a jewel in the roughIkuya is a jewel in the roughIkuya is a jewel in the roughIkuya is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I just put something together and will submit it in a day or two, I still want to listen and see if there's something I want to change.
Ikuya is offline   Thanks
Old 26-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #60
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128426

re-submitted because of glaring mix issues...

Advertisements

lebeux is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread