unpark your cores to get full performance
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20460
unpark your cores to get full performance

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

yea i think this is just a windows os thing but what it does is lock down your cpu to save when idle and doing mediocre tasks. what this does is tweak that part of the windows registry and disables that so you get full power from your cpu at all times and also you can enable and disable at all times.

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
NeuralPunk
Old skool lurka
NeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MC
Ruins of a fallen empire.
MC Status: 231093978
Re: unpark your cores to get full performance

I had to disable c-states altogether to stabilise my new system (done via the bios rather than messing with the registry. although I may re-enable them now it's all updated).

Windows is already supposed to deal with this stuff so I'm not sure how much benefit you'll see from the program you linked.

Advertisements

------------------
NeuralPunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote