Original Old School - Pledgemusic Project - The Art of Noise
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 27-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627
Original Old School - Pledgemusic Project - The Art of Noise

Thought some people 'may' be interested in this being one of the major influences of sampling productions and electronic music. The Art of Noise are re-releasing, for a better term, their reissue of "Whos afraid of teh Art of Noise". For me it's quite a nostalgic album with some quite genius and innovated techniques for the time with very notable "Close to the Edit" and "Moments in Love". Thought it's worth a share here. [Note : I am not affiliated with the project apart from pledging.]
Takes me back to my teens of a double tape deck, 4 track recorder and Commodore 64. Ah those days were precious...yep Im an old fuk!

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theartofnoise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmMm...OLF-_ujYYsyueB

Unfortunately not available for United States, Canada or Japan due to licensing restrictions

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388249
Thanked 5,085 Times in 3,316 Posts
Re: Original Old School - Pledgemusic Project - The Art of Noise

Nice find. I don't vinyl anymore but I'll share this up elsewhere because I know people who will be very interested, cheers

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627
Plegdemusic - 20 years of being Skint (Skint Record box set).

Unfortunately there were issues in this project and it had to be shelved, gutted as I was looking forward to this one.

From PLedge and CAS
Quote:
We are sorry to say that due to increased production and manufacturing costs and problems locating some of the original master tapes we have decided to cancel this campaign as we don't feel the Box Set would be of a high enough quality and value for money we hoped to release.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who Pledged and all of those who expressed interest throughout the campaign. CAS will be back with new campaigns and new releases in the near future.
So cancelled and noticed another that may be of interest to people.
Its had a price drop and is not a bad one for those nostalgic collectors amongst us include Fatboyslim, Ashley Beadle, The Space Raiders to name a few from Skint records. FBS and Ashley Beedle are certainly two artist that have inspired my listening habits over the years.

If you're interested http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/.../updates/55906

Again no affiliation apart from being a pledger and want to see this one as successful

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote